Hometalk.com

Beautiful Murals 6 days ago

Old Fence Turned Into a Headboard

Last summer I found a free listing on Craigslist for a torn down fence. I snagged it and have used it for a TON of projects. I had the upholstered headboard piece, but it just needed a little something. It took me only one evening to chop up the old boards and install them to frame out the upholstered piece.

http://too-much-time.com/2012/01/earth-day-t...

7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • That is awesome!
  • Lorrie B Beaver Falls, PA
    Beautiful! I love the contrast of the plush and the rugged, fantastic job!
  • N C Marshfield, MA
    I like the look. Did you make the upholstered part of the headboard?

The lights look great. Did the wire covers come with the lamps or did you purchase

• N C Yes I made the upholsered part with a piece of wood, batting, fabric, and a staple gun-super easy! The wire covers did come with the lamps and I found them at Home Depot.
  • Sue A De Forest, WI
    Too cool, Kim!!!
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Gorgeous, just fabulous. I can not afford the light..... but want one anyway.
  • Sharon Allman Lucedale, MS
    Beautifully done! I really love this! My niece has some old sections of fence that she and her husband recently had to replace, and now it looks like she's going to loose a few to my 'cause'!! Thanks for sharing!