DIY Wine Cork Bath Mat

Ideias 4 days ago
All you need for this unique mat is: shelf liner, hot glue, a knife and 175 wine corks. If vino isn't your drink of choice, or you simply don't want to work through so many bottles, visit a few neighborhood restaurants. Many bars toss their wine corks at the end of the night and would be happy to save a few for you! Learn how to make it here: http://blog.brightnest.com/2012/08/06/learn-...

#Bestof2012

• Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Janet F., that is pretty much what I understood Bright N. to mean when she said "shelf liner".............the open, cushioned, woven liner.
  • Tammy
    Tammy Sandusky, MI
    was thinking the dish cloth dryer pads or something like a sham wow type fabric would work great
  • Janet F
    Janet F Lodi, CA
    My brain was thinking contact paper like stuff and that just didn't make sense for something that is obviously going to get wet.
  • BrightNest
    BrightNest Denver, CO
    Hi Janet! The shelf liner is more along the lines of this paper: http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Contact-Pap...
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    All of these are great ideas! I made a small bulletin board from corks once, but I dont drink that much wine. I guess I will have to go visit a few restaurants.
  • Ana H
    Ana H Batavia, NY
    You know where this would look really great (and could be part of the decor) is in front of the kitchen sink too. Because the cork is thick, it would provide cushioning as you stand at the sink.
  • Janet F
    Janet F Lodi, CA
    Good idea! I spend a lot of time there. LOL
  • Kim C
    Kim C Queen Creek, AZ
    I love the way this looks, but was wondering how it feels under bare feet, does the curve of the wine cork feel unstable or not? Sondra, while visiting a few restaurants and having wine would be great, you can buy bags of corks at craft stores now, lol!
  • Sandra Fischer
    Sandra Fischer Saint Charles, MO
    I have to repeat Janet F's question. How do you cut the corks in half evenly. I love the idea of the bath and/or kitchen mat. Sandra F
  • Dawn marie
    dawn marie Richmond, MN
    how would you clean it
  • Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    I love this idea. I would hate to throw away the many corks I have collected. But how do you clean the mat? Thanks
  • Jeanne Creel
    Jeanne Creel Tifton, GA
    Now this is a good idea to use up all those corks I have been saving.
  • Sodit151
    Maybe add a comfy towel layer on top of the corks, that can be washed regularly.
  • Angelina
    angelina San Diego, CA
    Love it! Corks are water resistant, so just drop a towel after drying yourself. Soft on your feet and looks beautiful! Thanks!
BrightNest