Halloween Wreath From a Cabinet Door

halloween 04.19.16
My sweet Father-in-Law saved an old cabinet door for me, and its been sitting in my garage forever. When I decided to create a new Halloween wreath, I knew I wanted to do something a little different than the traditional grapevine wreath I usually opt for. This door was the perfect base for my wreath!
Here is how it started. It had several layers of paint and a couple of weeks ago, I attempted to remove the paint. I didn't do the best job on it, so spray painting it black for this project was a perfect solution.
Here it is with the paint removed along with the other supplies I used. You'll also need scissors and floral wire. Most of my supplies came from Michaels...
After spray painting the frame semi gloss black and allowing it to dry, I split the feathery stems into two and hot glued them in place:
I also spray painted the red roses. I cut the heads off and hot glued them to the bottom left corner also:
Then I used floral wire and hot glue to position Lady McBones in place...every lady skeleton should have a fascinator and a string of pearls, right?
I made a bow for the top and added the center piece to hide the command hook. It was $1.99 hair clip, also from Michaels.
I attached another rose to the upper right hand corner and attached the sign as well.
The sign is likely not weather resistant, so I wouldn't hang it where it will be exposed to rain or snow.
Pretty fun, right?
Halloween can be spooky and fun too! XO

To see more: http://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/halloween-wreath-from-a-cabinet-door/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Sheryl
    sheryl Portage, IN
    absolutely love this idea.. now to think of a way to incorporate this into my halloween front yard.. may have to make it into a gateway perhaps..
  • Lttamayo
    Love, love, love! This is the first Halloween wreath I've ever seen that I wanted. Never really had any interest in Halloween wreath, until now. Thank you! Good job......
  • Gina Lock
    Gina Lock Show Low, AZ
    how did you cut out he center of the door?
  • Gina Lock
    Gina Lock Show Low, AZ
    I guess an old picture frame would also work, looks awesome, great job
  • Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree Kissimmee, FL
    I love this! This is amazing! Just perfect for Halloween!
Confessions of a Serial DIYer