Hometalk.com

Around the House 02.15.14

How To Dry Basil

Basil is an easy herb to grow in your garden or in a container on your deck. Basil is pretty enough to be grown along side of your other flowering perennials. You can see the full tutorial here: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/08...
5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    While dried basil is awesome....I find pesto to be a better use, it is pretty easy to find ample dried basil in the spice ailse. finding good pesto in much harder...at least in my area where herb gardens a rare.
  • Carol S Woodstock, GA
    We also love fresh pesto and with only 5 plants I've made 6 batches already and the plants are still going strong. I'd love to learn of a quick way to remove the leaves. I guess I have so much it just seems to take forever to pinch them off with
  • diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    I use a pair of scissors to cut off the leaves.
  • Carol S Woodstock, GA
    Thanks, DIY-I just find that my fingers are even faster than the scissors.
  • Dee Independence, IA
    I have always grown chives, This year i grew alot of herbs in pots on the deck.I dried and put in jars (square Jars is my vote) with the shaker tops. I did however bring my rosemary in and put it in my kitchen window. I have used alot of it this winter.