Hometalk.com

LIving Room 02.23.13

My Favorite Room - Living Room

Our DIY Living Room, stripped down to studs, walls moved, new everything. I think it's my favorite room because it's no longer a storage room for our kitchen/family room remodel and I'm no longer embarassed to open the front door!
9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • I like the contemporary vibe you have going on in this room!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Love this room and it's furnishings Leslie!
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Yippee!! Congratulations Leslie on finishing your other remodels and getting your living room back! It looks great! BTW, where did you find your drapes?
  • Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks, All! The drapes are 95" off the shelf from JC Penney ($50/panel). With our double windows, we needed 120" to tie both windows together, but would have had to order custom drapes, which is sooooo expensive. Instead, we hired a seamstress for
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Leslie, I feel relatively sure you found the best bargain for what you wanted out there. Isn't it amazing what drapes cost, even if you make them yourself?! I just bought a new sewing machine to make new throw pillows and runners. After looking at the
  • Becky Blair, NE
    The cost of everything has gone up thank to gas prices. But it seems fabric has gone up more than anything else for some reason. And their 50% off sales don't fool me. That's really their regular prices, they just jack them up so everyone will run in and
  • Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Nice fabric is outrageous! For accessories, like pillows, I buy scrap pieces of fabric from Ebay. The IKAT fabric for the pillows in the white chairs in the picture only cost me $7. When I found the fabric online, it was over $200/yard! I only had
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh wow I love Ikat fabric used at prints!
  • Taunnie Sandy, UT
    Leslie your living room is gorgeous, great job! Thanks for the tip about buying scrap pieces of fabric on Ebay :)
  • Likes

Kathy Taunnie Megan V (Our Pinteresting Family) Leah Becky H