My Favorite Room - Living Room

Living Room 01.13.15
Our DIY Living Room, stripped down to studs, walls moved, new everything. I think it's my favorite room because it's no longer a storage room for our kitchen/family room remodel and I'm no longer embarassed to open the front door!
  • Town and Country Living
    I like the contemporary vibe you have going on in this room!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Love this room and it's furnishings Leslie!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Yippee!! Congratulations Leslie on finishing your other remodels and getting your living room back! It looks great! BTW, where did you find your drapes?
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks, All! The drapes are 95" off the shelf from JC Penney ($50/panel). With our double windows, we needed 120" to tie both windows together, but would have had to order custom drapes, which is sooooo expensive. Instead, we hired a seamstress for
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Leslie, I feel relatively sure you found the best bargain for what you wanted out there. Isn't it amazing what drapes cost, even if you make them yourself?! I just bought a new sewing machine to make new throw pillows and runners. After looking at the
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    The cost of everything has gone up thank to gas prices. But it seems fabric has gone up more than anything else for some reason. And their 50% off sales don't fool me. That's really their regular prices, they just jack them up so everyone will run in and
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Nice fabric is outrageous! For accessories, like pillows, I buy scrap pieces of fabric from Ebay. The IKAT fabric for the pillows in the white chairs in the picture only cost me $7. When I found the fabric online, it was over $200/yard! I only had
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Oh wow I love Ikat fabric used at prints!
  • Taunnie
    Taunnie Sandy, UT
    Leslie your living room is gorgeous, great job! Thanks for the tip about buying scrap pieces of fabric on Ebay :)
  • Llazyiest
    Nice mod look. My only suggestion might be to lower the big art piece by a row or make the gaps bigger. Seems like a big gap between it and the couch.
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Thank you. The sofa has moved since this photo, and its back is now facing the dining area for that same reason....it was just too low of a piece to be against a 10' wall. We also changed out the coffee table, and our dining chairs and cabinet on the
Leslie D