Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 2 days ago

My Favorite Room in the House~ My French Cottage Inspired Bedroom

Our house is a 1940's vintage cottage~ with knotty pine walls & hardwood floors. About 5 years after we moved into our cottage~ we built a master bedroom. I designed it to blend in with the original house- with beadboard, hardwood floors & corner windows- which each of the 4 original bedrooms had . We did nearly all the work ourselves and I absolutely love how it turned out. It is one of my favorite rooms because it has so much sunshine streaming in and I love the french doors leading out to the backyard. More of my bedroom decorated for Christmas at my blog~ http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/201...
23 Comments Displaying 15 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • I would love this room for myself and to feature in some of my interior oil paintings. Beautiful room.
  • Laura S Chicago, IL
    Love it, love it, love it
  • Paulaferraro Modesto, CA
    Beautiful room, I would never want to leave it!
  • Lovely, peaceful room.
  • Love this room!
  • Oh, this is to die for! I am so in love with red in the bedroom. Thanks for sharing your ideas!
  • Courtney Walnut Creek, CA
    Thank you everyone!
  • Morgan Conolly Architect San Francisco, CA
    You might think to join the Institute of Classical Architecture.

The Northern California chapter.

• Courtney Walnut Creek, CA
    Thanks Morgan~ I'll look into it! :)
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    It is just like a fairy tale, Courtney : )
  • Donna H South Easton, MA
    Truely a step back in time....lovely!
  • Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    Everything, every room looks so beautiful!!
  • Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    The mantel and the whole room is truly beautiful!
  • It looks so beautiful with classic French print exudes acomforting elegance. Love this cozy cottage-style Bedrooms. It’s calmingpastels, pretty florals, and vintage accessories are going well with white-and-creamcottage palette .
  • Would love to have a room like that.Simply beautiful.