Repurpose ladders into birdhouse stands!

garden stuff 3 hours ago
Mount birdhouses on old ladders to create functional garden accents. I painted the ladders and the birdhouses in the same barn red to make them a grouping. They bring color to a shady area covered with ivy. Best of all, they are occupied!
http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/its-all-about-the-birds-birdfeeders-birdbaths-and-birdhouses-in-our-garden/

• Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks for your sweet comment, RentedMule
  • Linda B
    Linda B Trumbull, CT
    Love this!!
  • Karl kimbrel
    Karl kimbrel Vandalia, OH
    for those that apparently have problems with animals climbing ladders to get to the birds and birdhouses...don't use the idea!! i think this is a beautiful use of an item that is being repurposed!! Good job ms. rosen!!
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks very much, Karl!
  • BHG
    BHG Middletown, NJ
    birdhouse stand AND cat feeder in one!!
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Sorry to disappoint, BHG , but that has not been a problem here at all!
  • Debbie D
    I so want this.....
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Easy enough to do, Debbie D ! The painting took longer than the putting together : )
  • A
    I inherited a plain old rung ladder and sawed it in half. I hung an old rustic bird feeder at the top and have it in the middle of my lilac sprouts. Looks awesome!
    • Anna Ibarra
      Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
      A This looks amazing. How you group the tree together like and dressing it up. So precious, and now it make those trees pop. Love it.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks for sharing, it is awesome, A !
  • A
    I actually have two of them since I cut the ladder in half. The birds can sit on the rungs, so it's pretty neat!
  • Timeless Interiors
    Timeless Interiors Bluffton, SC
    Fantastic idea, and very nice execution.
  • Tanya P
    Tanya P Canada
    Barb, you have inspired me...I just finished my first birdhouse ladder! Thank you
  • Shirley
    Shirley Port Richey, FL
    I love the look of these but don't they make the birds very vulnerable to preditors?
    • Barb Rosen
      Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
      Shirley They are in a fenced suburban yard. Since we don't have feral or loose cats in our area, this has not been a problem.
Barb Rosen