Hometalk.com

For the Garden 04.01.14

Repurpose ladders into birdhouse stands!

Mount birdhouses on old ladders to create functional garden accents. I painted the ladders and the birdhouses in the same barn red to make them a grouping. They bring color to a shady area covered with ivy. Best of all, they are occupied!

http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com

30 Comments Displaying 15 of 30 comments | See Previous
  • Sherry Fisher Grove City, OH
    Cute! But my cat would climb right up!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Our neighborhood cats have not bothered them, but one fella suggested growing vines up the ladders to deter predators in his area!
  • RentedMule Lexington, KY
    I love birdhouses and ladders in the garden, I have a black ladder, great idea!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks for your sweet comment, RentedMule
  • Linda B Trumbull, CT
    Love this!!
  • Karl kimbrel Vandalia, OH
    for those that apparently have problems with animals climbing ladders to get to the birds and birdhouses...don't use the idea!! i think this is a beautiful use of an item that is being repurposed!! Good job ms. rosen!!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks very much, Karl!
  • BHG Middletown, NJ
    birdhouse stand AND cat feeder in one!!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Sorry to disappoint, BHG , but that has not been a problem here at all!
  • I so want this.....
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Easy enough to do, Debbie D ! The painting took longer than the putting together : )
  • TY.....
  • Alicia Westmoreland, NH
    I inherited a plain old rung ladder and sawed it in half. I hung an old rustic bird feeder at the top and have it in the middle of my lilac sprouts. Looks awesome!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks for sharing, it is awesome, Alicia !
  • Alicia Westmoreland, NH
    I actually have two of them since I cut the ladder in half. The birds can sit on the rungs, so it's pretty neat!