Refinished Vintage Library Cabinet

Apothecary Amore 4 days ago
This piece was rescued from a vacant school building owned by a family friend. It desperately needed to be refinished. It is now used for storing craft supplies in our living room/office. For more info, visit http://diyonthecheap.blogspot.com/2012/08/Li....
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Erin....that is amazing! I love the idea of repurposing something with a history.
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Pea green with envy. I want one of these so bad I'd marry a librarian.
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap
    Erin-DIYOntheCheap Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you! And LOL Ally!
  • Janis@All Things Beautiful
    omg...I just pinned this! Adore this piece!
  • ViewAlongTheWay
    ViewAlongTheWay Marietta, GA
    OMG Erin. This is AMAZING. i'm headed over to your page to pin it right this second!
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap
    Erin-DIYOntheCheap Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you!
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    I would love to come across one of these! I spent many hours in the library growing up and I remember the first time I went into a library and they didn't have a card catalog. Felt a little sad and horrified.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Ooooooooooo, I'm so wanting one of these if for nothing else because of their history of book titles they once held. I love to read, am a retired reading teachers assistant and have also worked in a school library. Yes, there's a strong desire in me to
  • Days of Chalk and Chocolate
    this is gorgeous!!
  • Marianne
    Marianne Wilmington, NC
    A wonderful piece, I love it when one has a vision.
  • Traci J
    Traci J Warner Robins, GA
    Beautiful job, love the color of stain! Would you mind sharing the brand and color? I have a card catalog very similar and am planning to refinish it this summer. Thanks for the tutorial!
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap
    Erin-DIYOntheCheap Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you all so much! Traci, I used Minwax Dark Walnut stain and a wipe-on satin poly topcoat.
  • White Oak Studio Designs
    Stunning work!

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichigan

• TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    absolutely gorgeous piece and you did a super job refinishing it.
  • Carolyn Stutes@bellsouth.net
    What did you do with the inside of the drawers - open sides & interior rod to hold cards?
Erin-DIYOntheCheap