Refinished Vintage Library Cabinet

07.03.15
This piece was rescued from a vacant school building owned by a family friend. It desperately needed to be refinished. It is now used for storing craft supplies in our living room/office. For more info, visit http://diyonthecheap.blogspot.com/2012/08/Lib....

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Traci J
    Traci J Warner Robins, GA
    Beautiful job, love the color of stain! Would you mind sharing the brand and color? I have a card catalog very similar and am planning to refinish it this summer. Thanks for the tutorial!
  • Marianne
    Marianne Wilmington, NC
    A wonderful piece, I love it when one has a vision.
  • Days of Chalk and Chocolate
    this is gorgeous!!
  • Zelda
    Zelda Albert, OK
    Ooooooooooo, I'm so wanting one of these if for nothing else because of their history of book titles they once held. I love to read, am a retired reading teachers assistant and have also worked in a school library. Yes, there's a strong desire in me to
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    SheilaG, Plum Doodles Greenville, SC
    I would love to come across one of these! I spent many hours in the library growing up and I remember the first time I went into a library and they didn't have a card catalog. Felt a little sad and horrified.
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap
    Erin-DIYOntheCheap Norcross, GA
    Thank you!
  • ViewAlongTheWay
    ViewAlongTheWay Marietta, GA
    OMG Erin. This is AMAZING. i'm headed over to your page to pin it right this second!
  • Janis@All Things Beautiful
    omg...I just pinned this! Adore this piece!
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap
    Erin-DIYOntheCheap Norcross, GA
    Thank you! And LOL Ally!
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Pea green with envy. I want one of these so bad I'd marry a librarian.
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Erin....that is amazing! I love the idea of repurposing something with a history.
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap
    Erin-DIYOntheCheap Norcross, GA
    Thanks everyone!
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Fantastic. We just love vintage library & apothecary cabinet pieces! Such visual interest and fantastic storage!
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Love it! I've been searching for a piece like this to store my painting supplies out of sight.
  • Carmel P
    Carmel P Lexington, KY
    It's gorgeous!
Erin-DIYOntheCheap