Master Suite Remodel Surprise

06.30.15
So the wife leaves for a 30 day African missions trip and I decide to tackle my first bedroom renovation project. Mind you I have done little projects here and there, but nothing of this magnitude. I was truly only going to repaint the room, but was quickly overcome by the desire to spruce it up a bit. As you can see by the before pictures it was “okay” compared to other rooms (whichever those might be) but still dark, aged and in need of help. I wanted something cozy, cottagey, resort like. I was stepping out in faith because my wife knew nothing about the project and I would not have her input. Shhhhh, it’s a secret. This would really test how much I think I know her.

Master bedroom and bath remodel using thrift store finds and re-purposed items. The first daunting task was to repaint all the wood trim to white and prime red walls. Then the walls were painted a light yellow to give the room some air. The windows were framed out entirely from recycled wood and the shutters are thrift store louver closet doors that were cut and reassembled to size. Same was done for the door leading to pool area. All frames used in the room for decor were thrift store finds that were repainted. The crates are from Michaels™ and were stained and decorated by, you guessed it thrift store finds. Lifted vanity off ground and gave legs. Used recycled wood and bead board

• Julie Wickham
    Julie Wickham Australia
    I am impressed!!! WOW She will LOVE it! :) well done to you for achieving it, but even more congrats to you for even thinking of doing it for your wife!
  • Barbara Thomas
    Barbara Thomas Cincinnati, OH
    I love your design changes! You have a gift for design. One of the best parts was how the bed linens and wall color changed the tired look. Bathroom is fabulous! What a lucky wife to have someone care this much~
  • Brittany Marcinko
    Brittany Marcinko Tuppers Plains, OH
    Awesome job! Just wondering where you got you bathroom vanity from? We are buying a house and gutting it and I love what you did to yours!
  • Kat =^.^=
    Kat =^.^= Boulder City, NV
    GREAT JOB! Yep she is ONE LUCKY GAL!!!
  • Ana Bacallao
    Ana Bacallao Miami, FL
    You did an incredible job and she is sure to be wowed,
Omar De Pablo