Chevron stenciled backsplash

kitchen 10.24.14
For about $19, I've updated the backsplash of my kitchen. We can't afford new countertops or tile, so this was nearly the only option available to me. It has the interest of tile with none of the cost.

To see more: http://pressingon-miranda.blogspot.com/2012/08/chevron-backsplash.html

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Great idea! I don't usually like chevron, but this is works beautifully! Just like you said- the interest of tile without the cost. Kudos!
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    This does look great. Forget the tiles!
  • Cathy C
    Cathy C Dexter, MI
    I think it looks GREAT! I was going to try ceramic tile over the winter when my work is inside. I wouldn't spray your wire basket white because then you'd almost have to do your napkin holder as well and I don't think they'd stand out as much. Of course,
  • Carol S
    Carol S Franklin, PA
    Very nicely done - looks really good in your kitchen. Congratulations!
  • Michell Jarrett
    Michell Jarrett Panama City, FL
    I really like your ideas and was wondering also about your floors. They are so pretty--did you do them yourself or did they come that way when you moved in? If you did them could you please "share it" with us? Thanks.
  • Gregory Tim Johnson
    Looks great ,luv short cuts an great savings ...Great home project...
  • Sally M.
    Sally M. Agawam, MA
    I am so looking for something different (without the great expense) for a backsplash, can you please tell me what Chevron is?

• Miranda @ Pressing On
    Miranda @ Pressing On North Pole, AK
    Michelle, the floors were like that when we moved in. They're just a laminate floor and so aren't super hard to put in. You can sometimes find laminate wood flooring for just over a dollar a sq ft which makes it very affordable.
  • Miranda @ Pressing On
    Miranda @ Pressing On North Pole, AK
    Sally M., Chevron is just a pattern style (ie. Chevron gas logo). I got my stencil from a lady on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shabby-Cottage-L-STE...
  • Monica Koerperich
    Monica Koerperich Ocean Springs, MS
    OMG, what a clever lady, I love it, you have beautiful cabinets also. If I am not mistaken, the barstools work right in there also. Now go look at the concrete countertops. maybe they fit your budget better, or start a cookie jar, put a few bucks in
  • Monica Koerperich
    Monica Koerperich Ocean Springs, MS
    Are the floors Bamboo?
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Well Wow really nice job, it really spruced up the Wow factor...Really great way to think outside the box!
Miranda @ Pressing On