Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Awesome Remodels 04.19.14

Craftsman Bungalow Renovation

http://heirloomdesignbuild.com/current-proje...

This 1920s Craftsman bungalow was converted into a duplex at some point during the 1960s. Over the years, the very cool architectural details of the house had fallen into disrepair. The pillars and columns were crooked, the concrete porch was cracked, and the wood was rotting from years of neglect.

Heirloom Design Build’s goal was to restore the home’s original charm. In addition, we wanted to add the comfort and convenience of the 21st century to the home’s interior, while retaining the historical character of the home’s exterior. We spent a good portion of this project deconstructing the changes to the home and recreating the original single-family layout.

To ensure the best outcome, we used top-quality building materials—the kind that are usually found in much larger and more expensive

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Diy Design Fanatic
    diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    Gorgeous combination of dark cabinets with the marble tops. Makes me miss my kitchen/bath designing days.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Michelle M
    Michelle M Knoxville, TN
    Beautful home!! Love the blue wall paint. Do you know the name of the paint?
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Thank you for your detailed description. I read it a few times and then browsed through all the pictures again. What a treat. Thank you for the beautiful tour.
  • Glenda B
    Glenda B Maryville, TN
    Beautiful, but a bit too much black for my taste.
  • Sondra
    Sondra Janesville, WI
    Very nice, clean lines. I love the contrast between the dark and light and the fact that you can use whatever you want for accent color. The only thing that looks a little odd to me is the brick chimney above the beautfiul white fireplace. Perhaps
  • Jacqueline B
    Jacqueline B Hinesville, GA
    There are some beautiful old bungalows in the Seminole Heights and Tampa Heights area and even Ybor City area of Tampa, FL that would be great makeover candidates.
  • Kathleen S
    Kathleen S East Tawas, MI
    Beautiful - thank you for sharing - such nice work. Noticed the black paint on the window panes with the white surround - must do that on my building. Loved the swoops in the brick work of the front porch and how the half circle enbankment created to
  • Julie H
    Julie H Lititz, PA
    Beautiful use of the space. I love the black and white in the bath.
  • Shelva Bowen
    Shelva Bowen Sevierville, TN
    I wish you would show the cost of projects.
Heirloom Design Build

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!