Custom Mosaic on Hardi Backer Board

g-ma 07.22.15
I just accepted a commission for a stained glass mosaic that will hang on the outside of a house. I have done many outdoor mosaics on wood in protected areas but this will be fully expose to the elements so I plan on using Hardi Backer board as my substrate but don't know how to #1 cut it or #2 when it is finished how to hang it.

Client is waffling on permanent installation or removable in case of hurricane/ nor'easter, I cannot begin mosaic really without knowing.. I also will need to make it more rigid, can't have flex on a mosaic :) can I use construction adhesive to sandwich two pieces together ? Thanks.

• Christina Dubois
    Christina Dubois Vashon, WA
    I love your work! How did you end up attaching the address plaque to the siding? I'm planning a similar piece on wedi board and am not sure how I can attach hanging hardware to it. I'm thinking of using z-bar hanging hardware. Do you think I could attach
  • Kathleen M
    Kathleen M Manahawkin, NJ
    Thank You Christina Dubois ! I used the hanging system I purchased at the same time (has two) and we put screws thru siding ( caulking around ) and it hangs on there.... Made
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Burbank, CA
    Generally, when not using wedi board, what kind of wood do you use for your mosaics?
  • Julia
    Julia San Jose, CA
    hello everybody,Iam looking for advise, I need to frame a mosaic piece for outdoors 12 by 12 and really don't know where can I find a metal fame for it, also I need to hang it on a building on one of the walls ,its going to be a logo of the Church,so it
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    Your mosaic is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Kathleen M