Hometalk.com

41 Comments Displaying 15 of 41 comments | See Previous
  • Theresa C Johnstown, NY
    With the Walmart kit, do you need to apply an overcoat for finishing?
  • Michelle hayes Rutland, VT
    Im doing the rustoleum product in my kitchen and the gianni in my bathroom...love the look of both of them..great job! :-)
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Theresa - hopefully someone else can answer your question. I have never used the WalMart kit.
  • Michelle hayes Rutland, VT
    Teresa..Visit Gianigranite.com for details...videos and before and after pics as well as tips and tutorials and instrutions you can print for each product
  • Theresa C Johnstown, NY
    Thanks, I'm definitely trying the Gianni product. Didn't hear such wonderful reviews on the rustoleum kit and it seems much more time/labor intensive
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    It's great that there are different products for different styles. I didn't find this kit to be difficult at all, love the result and durability and prefer the look of the decorative color chips to sponge painting but having more than one option is
  • Anne Chicago, IL
    Wow that turned out great! I may have to try this!
  • Charlie Ramone Great Falls, MT
    Great Job, I just put clear coat on a customers yesterday. Going to look at it. Nice,really nice. I 'am hoping that the clear flows out a bit more for smoother finish. I may polish or buff it out. I have read complaints about "brown tint that is missing
    • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
      Charlie Ramone - thanks! I know - that grass seeder-like thing for the chips sure does create a mess! Even with drop cloths and tape, I still managed to get some on the walls. lol It's been about a year and a half and it's still holding up well!
  • Harriet Mcrainey-Barr Kill Devil Hills, NC
    BUYER BEWARE! I had a bad experience!

Now that I have had this experience, I would like to give you some tips so that you can have better experience...

• DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
      Harriet Mcrainey-Barr - Sorry it hasn't been a good experience for you. I agree, it's not granite looking but I'm still pleased with beautiful black laminate look over the
      I have attached photos.
  • Charlie Ramone Great Falls, MT
    Hi, Harriet Sorry that I am asking a question on Rustoleum so 2 years after. I viewed this a month ago while preparing countertop for ONYX finish. I never could achieve any other colors, grays, whites, browns as color swatch suggested. Even experimented
      Hi Charlie,

I used Java Stone. It has brown as well as black, gray , & white. Today is one week. If I had not had the installation

• DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    More details on our experience with more pictures and tips that made the process easier for us (for the Onyx finish) are shown here: http://diyshowoff.com/2012/08/17/rustoleum-c....