Hometalk.com

Building a Tiki bar from pallets

I was throwing a Hawaiian luau, and i want to make a bar...so i thought that i could use two pallets and make one.I made this bar from recycled pallets.I used two pallets to complete the bar, one whole pallet, and one cut in half. I used the one I had cut in half, and used it for the ends of the bar. Then I used MDF for the top. Then I thought i should put more support in and add a shelf to hold all of my mixes! After decorating and loaded up ready for use, looks pretty good! Total time spent building it, about an hour.
22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Angela L Harlem, GA
    Very Innovative, and looks great! LOVE it!
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Now you just need a steel drum!
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Party time!! Great repurposing.........had to make things far easier when you were entertaining.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oops, I should edit my above comment to say "Oh how cool!", right? I mean the last guy I said I liked something and that I thought it was "cute" was my nephew about his new car. His reply was "Great, now I'll have to get a new one." He's surrounded by
  • Ok, this is really cute!!
  • Ally Schenectady, NY
    Ha! Love it.
  • Kris S Minneapolis, MN
    Love it! Someone mentioned his fire pit, but forgot to mention the koi pond, gazebo, bridge, etc. Wow! What a great backyard!
  • Great idea!!!
  • Judy C Hampton, VA
    Lots of times these projects end up looking a mess and I feel sorry for the person who thinks they are great....In your case WAY TO GO... Great JOB impressed :)
  • Donna Marie Amy Bonita Springs, FL
    Great idea and plan on making one myself.
  • Laurie MacPherson Clovis, NM
    Thank you!! I'm going to make one for my husband!!! He will love it!!!
  • Laurie MacPherson Clovis, NM
    Thanks, He loves it!!! It's perfect he said!!!
  • Tammy H Corona, CA
    Great idea....would go great with our Pallet Party Caddy..hmmm will have to share this with my husband
  • Laurie Cranston, RI
    I made this all by myself in a weekend with palets ! 8 ft Tiki bar with shelves in the back! Tile top! Best part is, I had no truck and put the palets in my SL500 convertable to transport them to my home!! Girls rock!!! Just saying!!
  • Phil Ormond Beach, FL
    Nice way to dress it up.