Hometalk.com

For the Garden 3 days ago

Stacked Stone Bird Baths

Stone leftover from another project and three galvanized trash can lids become a bird bath grouping! Another of my "use what you have" ventures. More pictures and directions on http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-project-stacked-stone-bird-baths/

68 Comments Displaying 15 of 68 comments | See Previous
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    And cheap too, Jacqui : )
  • This is so perfect for my yard in South Dakota! Thanks for sharing your idea!
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    So glad you have a spot to make one yourself, Melody burtt @yahoo.com !
  • Colette Canada
    So many ideas for this: potted flowers or herbs, patio table if the stones are "glued", etc. I have dug out enought stones over the past 2 years which are just staked in a corner of the yard. Thank you so much.
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Have a ball, Colette ! Then take some pictures and share your creations with us : )
  • Pat Valdez San Antonio, TX
    I already have the pan. Just gonna look for the rocks. neat and easy idea.
  • Diana W Frostproof, FL
    My Father never had a bought bird bath; he always used a garbage can lid. That was in the 1940's up to the time of his death in 1981. The birds loved it. They could grip they little feet on the rim of it, which helped them balance themselves.
  • Patricia R Jacksonville, FL
    Good for you--great talent as yourself

---!!!

• Deb Marciano Valdosta, GA
    Where to get birds? I am having problems locating affordable ones.
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    I pick them up at a gift shop in our Farmer's Market and sometimes find one at a yard sale here and there, Deb Marciano
  • These are really coool
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Just using up some materials, but they are lasting well and the birds love them, Tammy@Deja Vue Designs !
  • Mary L Mayville, MI
    "use what you have". That's my new motto too. I just made a little walk with old bricks that were in a pile for years. I love the stacked look.
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Great tip, thanks Mary L for checking out my project too!
  • Marsha B Kettle Falls, WA
    the CCC Camps of the great depression traditionally built a water fountain out of a trash can lid .........