Painting 1930s Wood Trim and Panelling

Have you ever wanted to paint out your wood trim but been afraid you wouldn't like it once it was done?? I had 1930s original fir trim in my house that had aged to a brilliant orange with a shellac coat on top to ensure the brilliance. It was beautiful in its own way but not what I wanted so I primed and painted it - 12 gruelling hours of crawling along the floor but it was so worth the effort!!

To see more: http://designdreamsbyanne.blogspot.ca/2012/03/painting-wood-trim.html

• Becky (J) P
    Becky (J) P Highland, IL
    interesting.....I would think you would pull it off and paint it then? Guess that's why I have never done it. lol
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Oh, Anne, it looks amazing! I'd be terrified to try it, but it was well worth the risk!
  • Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne
    Thanks Miriam, it took me a full year and a half to get up the courage myself!!
  • TheKimSixFix
    TheKimSixFix San Francisco, CA
    I know you will get a lot of wood lovers who will be appalled but I think it is beautiful. You have to love your house and want to live there. If you love it, then it is the best decision. I agree that the light/bright feeling is great! nice work!
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Looks a million times better! I love wood too, but not orange wood.
  • Linda
    Linda Joseph, OR
    It is fabulous. I know the feeling about afraid to paint over wood but I finally decided I'm the one who has to look at it and I have all my trim painted white it just sets every thing off so nicely.
  • Raquel Moore
    I really like the colour in the hallway photo. What colour is this?
Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne