Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Painting 1930s Wood Trim and Panelling

Beautiful Murals 10.18.14
Have you ever wanted to paint out your wood trim but been afraid you wouldn't like it once it was done?? I had 1930s original fir trim in my house that had aged to a brilliant orange with a shellac coat on top to ensure the brilliance. It was beautiful in its own way but not what I wanted so I primed and painted it - 12 gruelling hours of crawling along the floor but it was so worth the effort!!

To see more: http://designdreamsbyanne.blogspot.ca/2012/03/painting-wood-trim.html

8 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Becky J
    Becky J Troy, IL
    interesting.....I would think you would pull it off and paint it then? Guess that's why I have never done it. lol
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Oh, Anne, it looks amazing! I'd be terrified to try it, but it was well worth the risk!
  • Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne
    Thanks Miriam, it took me a full year and a half to get up the courage myself!!
  • TheKimSixFix
    TheKimSixFix San Francisco, CA
    I know you will get a lot of wood lovers who will be appalled but I think it is beautiful. You have to love your house and want to live there. If you love it, then it is the best decision. I agree that the light/bright feeling is great! nice work!
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Looks a million times better! I love wood too, but not orange wood.
  • Linda
    Linda Joseph, OR
    It is fabulous. I know the feeling about afraid to paint over wood but I finally decided I'm the one who has to look at it and I have all my trim painted white it just sets every thing off so nicely.
  • Raquel Moore
    I really like the colour in the hallway photo. What colour is this?
Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing