Restoration Hardware Inspired Industrial Pendant Light

DIY Lighting 04.06.15
When I needed to find something to replace the bare bulb ceiling light in my son's office/closet, I wanted something that was a little vintage-esque. This pendant light was inspired by RH's Cage Filament Pendant.

To see more: http://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/2012/08/restoration-hardware-inspired-industrial-pendant-light-uncaged.html

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Those old "Edison style" bulbs are pretty neat looking...well done.
  • Tricia @ Simplicity In The South
    Thanks! Yes, the Edison bulbs are well worth the extra money you spend. The light they cast is much more mellow (the best way I can describe it :)) than regular incandescent bulbs.
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Awesome awesome idea! Love the restoration hardware look.
  • Tina @ Repurposed Life
    I love what you created. Thanks for the links too! I may. Just have to try this over our island.
  • Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    just what we need! we have been looking for those for my laundry room light fixture. thanks for sharing.
  • Becky (J) P
    Becky (J) P Highland, IL
    I had the pleasure of looking at a Restoration Hardware catalogue today while waiting in a dr. office. What a treat and I am in love with the odd shaped light bulbs. Now, where to find them?!?
  • Robin Miller Cresci
    Robin Miller Cresci Mendocino, CA
    Where did you find the 'cage'? Is it a repurposed item? Or something that you buy separately?
  • Ronnie Pennington
    Ronnie Pennington Hamburg, AR
    I bought one of these on Etsy, except mine is a ceiling mount. Doesn't hang from a long cord. Love it.
  • Susan Thompson
    Susan Thompson Pinopolis, SC
    Going to do this with some old hanging baskets for above the kitchen island... Can't wait to get rid of the ugly florescent lights!
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South