Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Landscape Design and lighting

Customer extended back yard to lake area at rear of home. Electrician would need to add distribution panel 100amp rating for future power supply.

Electrician added a total of 46 high energy efficient l.e.d low voltage lighting. This light is meant for a soft ambient glow as to relax while outdoors. At 40 dollars each pretty steep but never has to be replaced weather proof light.

*Options I considered for this project:

Many options to choose from we could go with standard icandecent bulbs; are pretty expensive at like 7 bucks each for lamp. Higher maintence to operate, and maintain.Internal wire damage from corrosive termination or socket damage replace or over heating occurs frequently 120 volt power supply. Perks for icandecent lights are that they put out alot more light. Really great for general purpose lighting and direct lights.

Initial lower cost at about 27.00 each for incadecent lighting.

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • James A
    James A Roswell, GA
    That's really beautiful Why solar self charging lights? I see these alot and they are inexpensive. Do they not work well enough?
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    This looks great. There is a lot of buzz (no pun intended) about LED lighting, but it's still really expensive. It's good to see a concrete example of a really worthwhile, cost-effective LED lighting project.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I'm a big fan of LED's too. I wired my cabin for 12 v LED...whole cabin lighting for 40 watts.

Its off grid and runs off an 80 watt solar system

• LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    Nice concept....but a 100 AMP service for outdoor use? That's enough for a 1500 SF house. and at $70,00 per LED fixture (fixture and labor) is a bargain....I install a Solid Brass Floodlight(lifetime warranty) with a 3Watt MR16 LED lamp ( equivalent to a
Light It Up Electric
  • Likes

Nena D Ann Seymour