Hometalk.com

12.02.10

Fenced in a .5 acre yard

Fenced in a .5 acre yard. Half of fence is 6 ft privacy fence, the other half is 5 ft chain link.

*Options I considered for this project:

Tried to put fence in myself. Project was above my skill level so I interviewed 3 contractors.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

Did not know property lines would be so hard to find. Concrete took longer than expected to set. Chain link was difficult to stretch.

* Cost Comments:

Privacy and chain link differed in price per foot. After negotiation, we were able to agree on price as well as an upgrade to a higher quality privacy fence.

*My motivation to do this project:

To give dogs a place to play without supervision and to upgrade the look of my back yard.

922 on Sep 22, 2010
7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • Rob L Atlanta, GA
    Lee was a pleasure to work with. His crew was punctual and respectful of my neighbors. Lee was not the absolute cheapest contractor I spoke with, but his work was high quality and price was competitive. i have recommended Lee to friends and have nothing
  • leah West Orange, NJ
    Good job!
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    LOve the black fence....and you have some nice trees too.
  • James A Roswell, GA
    Nice job. The combination of chain link and wood work nicely.
  • Did the option of mixing chain link fense and wood fence reduce your material costs? What factor was the decision based on?

You dogs will now love the

• Hudson Designs Loganville, GA
    Nice clean line on the wood fence. Your contractor did a fine job.
  • Sunita P Buford, GA
    Are you planning on staining? What color? This is more work but will preserve the wood longer.
  • Likes

Vicky Maggie