Fenced in a .5 acre yard

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Fenced in a .5 acre yard. Half of fence is 6 ft privacy fence, the other half is 5 ft chain link.

*Options I considered for this project:

Tried to put fence in myself. Project was above my skill level so I interviewed 3 contractors.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

Did not know property lines would be so hard to find. Concrete took longer than expected to set. Chain link was difficult to stretch.

* Cost Comments:

Privacy and chain link differed in price per foot. After negotiation, we were able to agree on price as well as an upgrade to a higher quality privacy fence.

*My motivation to do this project:

To give dogs a place to play without supervision and to upgrade the look of my back yard.

• Front left corner of fence. Picture includes gate
  • Left inside side of fence. Picture is taken to show length of fence running to back of property
  • Picture of right inside side of fence. taken to show fence running from front to back
  • Outside of fence. Lee installed a nicer privacy fence that included decorative posts
  • Gate as seen from outside
  • Point where privacy fence meets chain link
  • Chain link gate at back of property
  • Length of chain link fence at back of property
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    LOve the black fence....and you have some nice trees too.
  • James A
    James A Roswell, GA
    Nice job. The combination of chain link and wood work nicely.
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Did the option of mixing chain link fense and wood fence reduce your material costs? What factor was the decision based on?

You dogs will now love the

• Hudson Designs
    Hudson Designs Loganville, GA
    Nice clean line on the wood fence. Your contractor did a fine job.
  • Sunita P
    Sunita P Buford, GA
    Are you planning on staining? What color? This is more work but will preserve the wood longer.
Rob L

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post