Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
01.06.11

Faux painting to emulate ceramic tile

I am looking for step by step method I saw years ago on how to faux paint a ceramic tile look on walls. It involved laying the base then taping for the faux grout lines and covering with glaze before removing taped lines. Any help?
436 on Dec 31, 2010
3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • Sean W
    Sean W Atlanta, GA
    Faux painting techniques have come a long way. With the proper instructions, I have successfully faux painted 3 bathrooms. Your large home improvement stores paint department will have books and even videos, along with all the required tools/ brushed
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Sherwin-Williams sells high-quality paints that make nice faux finishes easy. The company also has a lot of information on its web site about finishing techniques - http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourse...
  • Sunita P
    Sunita P Buford, GA
    So can you show me what ideas you have? I am no professional but have painted on my walls. You can get very creative and I have that itch again, hmmmmm.
David