Need help w/blank wall over sofa.

02.01.12
We are almost finished putting the house back together after our renovation. Awaiting chairs and refinished tables for our den. I have a blank wall over the sofa that I usually hang a tapestry over. I am thinking of doing a wall of family pics but am not sure how this will work with the "traditional" decor and shelving directly across. Should I just stick w/tapestry, try the pics or any other suggestions for this large wall? If I use the pics, should I do white frames or oil rubbed bronze to match fan & hardware? Any helpful ideas on an easy way to configure?
  • den looking into new dining reno
  • dent looking from dining to front
  • blank wall in desparate need of decoration....HELP
  • Donna
    Donna Raleigh, NC
    OK....here is what I ended up with....the photos do not actually do it justice. I painted each frame dark brown and highlighted w/bronze patina and it looks great. Would have loved to add the wall words and eliminate the drapes but hubby nixed that and
  • Donna
    Donna Raleigh, NC
    Note my 2 yr old grandaughter's artwork in front of the window...my Christma gift.
  • Diana H
    Diana H Wake Forest, NC
    Beautifully balanced now where did you purchase the sofa? I love the pattern and fabric!
  • Donna
    Donna Raleigh, NC
    @Diana, the sofa is about 6 yrs old and is Thomasville's Dolce Vita.. I really wanted to cover my old chairs and get a smaller sofa but hubby selected the larger chairs (which I think are too big for the room) to go w/sofa. Thanks for the
  • Diana H
    Diana H Wake Forest, NC
    Thank you so much,,,the sofa has held up well..I'm in the market for one and yours looked new! Your home is gorgeous! Now you need to have a small dinner party to show it all off !... Enjoy !
Donna

Search Feedback