Hometalk.com

17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Shannon, I love this project and your flower is picture perfect! What a face :)
  • Art is beauty Jenison, MI
    love this shan!!
  • So cute Shannon!
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    I'm glad you didn't paint it because it looks perfect like it is and so natural with the flowers.
  • Love this concept. Have made a few box planters from rescued timber boxes at farm sales. I used a clear lacquer to preserve the natural timber, drilled holes in the two short ends and threaded rope 'handles' through. I've also used them to house pine
  • Nicolette T Carbondale, CO
    Love it! Too bad my old tool box is beat up metal.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    @Nicolette T, same principle, holes, dirt, plants. Seal the outside if you love the colors or paint it first. Give the inside a coat or 2 of epoxy paint to keep the whole thing from rusting to pieces. 1 can of rustolium should do it inside and out.
  • I just love this!!
  • I have seen metal ones too! Totally cute also :)
  • I love all toolboxes - wood, metal, big, small - I don't discriminate! Love your flower filled one!
  • Love it Shannon!! just stunning!!
  • Roanna K Sacramento, CA
    I am moving and I found my grandfather's tool box. He died in 1952 so it is quite aged and looks pretty good! I am thinking about using his tool box, full of some really old tools, and doing some planting myself.
  • Oh how fun Roanna. What a great find!!!!
  • diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    Very pretty Shannon!
  • Kathy Radigan East Northport, NY
    Love it! What a great idea.