Hometalk.com

pallets 04.01.14

Island built from recycled pallet wood and rough cut walnut

We decided to build a 4'x4' island using 2x6 pallet wood and rough cut walnut.For the top we headed out to a sawmill that has been shut down and the owner gladly met us and let us pick through his wood. We decided upon a few pieces of rough walnut that he had. #Bestof2012 #Love2Repurpose #recycle
Time: 20 Hours Cost: $75 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.repurposed-life.com/2013/03/04/kitchen-island-born-using-pallets-and-rough-cut-walnut/

31 Comments Displaying 15 of 31 comments | See Previous
  • Rhonda G Lockport, NY
    Beautifully done!

• Debbie N Louisville, KY
    I love it! I even like the wire basket on the bottom shelf!
  • love it
  • PattyB Wesley Chapel, FL
    Beautiful!!! Great job!!
  • Thanks everyone, we had a blast building the island. It was really cool to take a blank piece of walnut and watch it become a beautiful top for the island. The cost wasn't bad either?
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    One my favorite color schemes.... great job!
  • Thank You!
  • Jen Calvert Walla Walla, WA
    This is so gorgeous!!
  • Thank You Jen!
  • Bobbie C Roff, OK
    Congrats on becoming Minwax's January Fan of the Month for this island project!
  • BeachBumLivin Sarasota, FL
    That looks AWESOME!!
  • BeachBumLivin Thank you!
  • Jill B Bismarck, ND
    Love this!!!! Great job!
  • Beverly Hullender Cartersville, GA
    They say that the best form of flattery is imitation. Well, I'm about to flatter you 'cause I've got to do this! Thank you for the encouragement--I've been wanting (and needing) to make something like this! Great job!