Turning New wood into barn wood

furniture 07.21.15
Just one technique to age new wood to look like barn wood. See how here.

To see more: http://countrydesignstyle.com/2013/05/22/this-old-wood/

• Karen - The Graphics Fairy
    Thanks so much for the recommendation Jeanette Country Design Style !! Also, I love your post above!!
  • Jenni H
    Jenni H Geneva, AL
    What else needs to be done to keep an item outside? Would you know if the vinegar stain age well outdoors?
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Jenni H Hi, I wanted to get back to you regarding using this technique outside. The small sign still looks the same except the "thanks" has faded some. We have only had two rains
  • Pamela haber
    pamela haber New Ulm, TX
    Jeanette Country Design S...below are pics of our old carriage house which needed most of the cedar planks replaced. We used the red cider vinegar and steel wool mixture. Let it set up for a couple of days and brushed it on like paint. Totally exposed to
  • Irene
    Irene Doylestown, PA
    Did I miss something? Only see pictures. No process explained!
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Irene Wow, something happened to the words!! Irene you can click on the link to the post on the website. I'll work on re adding my words. Thank you for letting me know.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    This is the best aging technique I have seen. My grandmother used to age cloth with tea and this makes sense to me how it works. Thank you for sharing!
Jeanette Country Design Style