• Jeanette Country Design Style
    Thanks! When I did this in the past I made just enough ironed vinegar for my project. Right now I have a larger jar made up for various projects over the next couple of weeks. I'll post if the mixture remains effective. Of course the tea will not last.
  • Marsha Johnson
    What is ironed vinager
  • Jeanette Country Design Style
    I give step by step instructions with more photos here http://countrydesignstyle.com/2013/05/22/thi...
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    I hope apple cider vinegar is ok, it's all I had. It's firmenting at this very moment. And it reeks.
  • Jeanette Country Design Style
    @ Ally, let me know how it turns out. I have not tried apple cider vinegar, but it should work fine.
  • Laurie Forbes
    I am SO trying this!! I have had so many wood projects that i have materials for and are in the process of making, but have not been able to find any books or resources on distressing or aging techniques.
  • Jeanette Country Design Style
    Laurie, fair warning...this technique is so great that I stopped using paint on projects! Ha, Ha! Actually I have started mixing the technique a bit. Like painting the mantle below and topping it with a "new wood into barn wood." Or a shelf with a dry
  • Cynthia E
    Cynthia E Daleville, AL
    would this also work with coffee?
  • MacGIRLver
    MacGIRLver Canada
    Jeanette Country Design Style I think it might be "tannin" that you are referring to.
  • Mr
    Mr Lindale, TX
    Do you have a tutorial on transferring letters to wood .. like in your sign shown above "To live a full life ...."
  • Karen - The Graphics Fairy
    Thanks so much for the recommendation Jeanette Country Design Style !! Also, I love your post above!!
  • Jenni H
    Jenni H Geneva, AL
    What else needs to be done to keep an item outside? Would you know if the vinegar stain age well outdoors?
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Jenni H Hummm! I walked around outside just to see if I have a vinegar aged project and the only thing I found was a small sign that says "thanks." It has been protected on the
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Jenni H Hi, I wanted to get back to you regarding using this technique outside. The small sign still looks the same except the "thanks" has faded some. We have only had two rains
  • Pamela haber
    pamela haber New Ulm, TX
    Jeanette Country Design S...below are pics of our old carriage house which needed most of the cedar planks replaced. We used the red cider vinegar and steel wool mixture. Let it set up for a couple of days and brushed it on like paint. Totally exposed to
  • Irene
    Irene Doylestown, PA
    Did I miss something? Only see pictures. No process explained!
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Irene Wow, something happened to the words!! Irene you can click on the link to the post on the website. I'll work on re adding my words. Thank you for letting me know.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    This is the best aging technique I have seen. My grandmother used to age cloth with tea and this makes sense to me how it works. Thank you for sharing!
Jeanette Country Design Style