Turning New wood into barn wood

How-To Age New Wood 4 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Just one technique to age new wood to look like barn wood. See how here.

To see more: http://countrydesignstyle.com/2013/05/22/this-old-wood/

• Jenni H
    Jenni H Geneva, AL
    What else needs to be done to keep an item outside? Would you know if the vinegar stain age well outdoors?
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Jenni H Hi, I wanted to get back to you regarding using this technique outside. The small sign still looks the same except the "thanks" has faded some. We have only had two rains
  • Pamela haber
    pamela haber New Ulm, TX
    Jeanette Country Design S...below are pics of our old carriage house which needed most of the cedar planks replaced. We used the red cider vinegar and steel wool mixture. Let it set up for a couple of days and brushed it on like paint. Totally exposed to
  • Irene
    Irene Doylestown, PA
    Did I miss something? Only see pictures. No process explained!
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    This is the best aging technique I have seen. My grandmother used to age cloth with tea and this makes sense to me how it works. Thank you for sharing!
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
Jeanette Country Design Style

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post