How to Clean that Stubborn Toilet Bowl Ring for .25 cents

Cleaning Tips 54 minutes ago
Chemical free trick to clean that nasty toilet bowl ring.
#CleaningTricks
After attempting to clean with Comet and Liquid toilet bowl cleaner I still had this nasty hard water build up scuzzy ring.
This is the AFTER picture :)
The lemon Koolaid works in the dishwasher too for removing the soap scum build up from the insides. Just put in in place of the soap and run an empty washer on it's regular cycle. The before and after will amaze you!
I know this looks nasty, but remember it's just Koolaid :)

To see more: http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/08/hot-tip-25-cents-to-clean-stubborn.html

• Erin Higgins
    Erin Higgins Howell, NJ
    I use Zud. It works great!
  • Jen Lockett
    Jen Lockett Warren, VT
    I use Zud also
  • Cindy Linn
    Cindy Linn Wimauma, FL
    I have hard water build up on my shower doors, any suggestions on how to get them clear again?
    • Martineza14
      Martineza14 Kempner, TX
      I use Barkeepers Friend on my shower glass doors- Works like magic!!
  • Mary Tustin
    Mary Tustin Greencastle, PA
    I have a blue ring that came from one of those blue toilet bowl sanitzers.....any suggestions?
    • Meem Kaplan
      Meem Kaplan Bay Center, WA
      Launa Elaine Strickland I agree. I ruined one toilet bowl that way. No more pumice stones for me. If you use them remember to disinfect them as they can really harbor
  • Patches
    Patches Canada
    I keep hearing that Zud is the best and it's environmentally friendly. Apparently it should never be used in a septic system. I can't find the product here.
  • Gloria Farmer
    gloria Farmer Spring, TX
    Will this work on shower doors if u use the granules?
  • Spyn
    And what does it do to your digestive track?
    • Pat
      Pat Wilmington, NC
      It shouldn't be a problem for your digestive tract. The hydrochloride acid in your stomach is significantly stronger than koolaid.
    • Pat
      Pat Wilmington, NC
      That should read hydrochloric. Autocorrect changed it. Thanks.
  • Old Spark
    Old Spark Lincoln, CA
    The dogs like drinking out ot the toilet after we do this.
  • Tjkeith57
    Depending on how bad the situation is, Just add a small bottle of white vinegar to the toilet, let stand for a bit and then scrub with a brush.
  • Sandi Farrell-Briscoe
    thanks for posting this easy cleaning tip.......looks simple enough, I will try it. Just a thought , if it works so well on cleaning this type of hard water stains, can you imagine what it did to our stomachs when we probably all drank a ton of Kool-Aid
  • Betty Davison-macdougall
    wow.neat! but should kids be drinking it?
  • Denise D
    Denise D Smyrna, GA
    I still see the ring. Am I visually challenged?
    • Hanneke Bennett
      Hanneke Bennett Lake Forest, CA
      You need to look at the first picture's very faint ring below the two dark rings (probably the top of the toilet?); it's not there in the second.....
  • Karen hutchens
    Karen hutchens Boonville, NC
    I will tell u what I use. Cheap, buy a puma stone @ DG. A little elbow grease, but it works !!!
    • Ida
      ida Indianapolis, IN
      I sure do hope this helps.
  • Launa Elaine Strickland
    Launa Elaine Strickland Mammoth Lakes, CA
    Yes, @Elaine Simmons, I really do understand. I live in an area that has extremely hard water also. If the toilet isn't cleaned daily, yes I said daily, a nasty, hard-to-remove dark ring appears. It will become impossible to remove if the finish has been
  • Therese Hopwood
    Therese Hopwood United Kingdom
    However hard your water is use white vinegar diluted in water,

best tool for all around the house cleaning, it brings up taps sparkling, sinks, showers, glass windows, eats through scale

Diana - AnyoneCanDecorate