How to Clean that Stubborn Toilet Bowl Ring for .25 cents

downstairs bathroom 6 days ago
Chemical free trick to clean that nasty toilet bowl ring.
#CleaningTricks
After attempting to clean with Comet and Liquid toilet bowl cleaner I still had this nasty hard water build up scuzzy ring.
This is the AFTER picture :)
The lemon Koolaid works in the dishwasher too for removing the soap scum build up from the insides. Just put in in place of the soap and run an empty washer on it's regular cycle. The before and after will amaze you!
I know this looks nasty, but remember it's just Koolaid :)

To see more: http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/08/hot-tip-25-cents-to-clean-stubborn.html

• Richie
    Richie Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Thanks to the one who suggested wallboard paper. I got two sheets for $4 at Home Depot and cleaned 3 bowls with tough rings in about 15 minutes. MMM makes it and I used the fine size.
    • Elaine Simmons
      Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
      Jeri Foltz Gibson Jeri, I know some people do use a pumice stone but in my opinion this works much better. It is used for sanding. I bought mine at the local hardware store
  • ANNIE BONNIVILLE
    A SAFE AND EASY WAY TO KEEP YOU KITCHEN SINK AND YOUR TOILET BOWL CLEAN IS POUR 1 CUP OF BAKING SODA IN EACH SIDE OF THE KITCHEN SINK. THEN POUR ABOUT 2 CUPS WHITE VINEGAR IN EACH SIDE AND LET IT SET UNTIL IT ALL HAS GONE DOWN THE DRAIN. DO THE SAME
  • Joan Martz
    Joan Martz Roaring Spring, PA
    My husband did this and it really does work! AMAZING!!
  • Celinda LaFalam
    Celinda LaFalam Rindge, NH
    Tang also works for rust..
  • Beth Cason-Sexton
    Beth Cason-Sexton Oregonia, OH
    The Works is great!! I keep one of the big tablets in the back of toilet & when you flush it comes out into the bowl plus keeps hard water from plugging the water holes. The spray is excellent for the tub & keeps shower doors clean & also keeps shower
  • Sandy Eck
    Sandy Eck Woodville, OH
    Lime away here, The toilet is so clean

\

• Erin Higgins
    Erin Higgins Howell, NJ
    I use Zud. It works great!
  • Jen Lockett
    Jen Lockett Warren, VT
    I use Zud also
  • Cindy Linn
    Cindy Linn Wimauma, FL
    I have hard water build up on my shower doors, any suggestions on how to get them clear again?
    • Sally Oban
      Cindy Linn after i get mine clean i use car wax on them for added protection. I only have to do that about every 3 or 4 weeks and it really stops the hard water spots.
  • Mary Tustin
    Mary Tustin Greencastle, PA
    I have a blue ring that came from one of those blue toilet bowl sanitzers.....any suggestions?
    • Diane Bakas
      Diane Bakas New Smyrna Beach, FL
      They have a thing that looks like a pumice stone just for toilets, works great.
    • Elaine Simmons
      Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
      Mary Tustin I still say to use the sanding screening material. A pumice stone did not work for our hard water in Arizona but the sanding screening for drywall did!
  • Patches
    Patches Canada
    I keep hearing that Zud is the best and it's environmentally friendly. Apparently it should never be used in a septic system. I can't find the product here.
  • Gloria Farmer
    gloria Farmer Spring, TX
    Will this work on shower doors if u use the granules?
  • Spyn
    And what does it do to your digestive track?
    • Pat
      Pat Wilmington, NC
      It shouldn't be a problem for your digestive tract. The hydrochloride acid in your stomach is significantly stronger than koolaid.
    • Pat
      Pat Wilmington, NC
      That should read hydrochloric. Autocorrect changed it. Thanks.
  • Old Spark
    Old Spark Lincoln, CA
    The dogs like drinking out ot the toilet after we do this.
  • Tjkeith57
    Depending on how bad the situation is, Just add a small bottle of white vinegar to the toilet, let stand for a bit and then scrub with a brush.
Diana - AnyoneCanDecorate