Hometalk.com

08.30.12

Whats a reasonable price for white-painting a 1bedroom in New York City?

I was recently quoted a real high price in Manhattan for a 710sq/ft one bedroom. What is a reasonable price range I should be looking for out here?
7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Manhattan is a whole different world. I don't think you can do anything but get quotes from a couple of other painters and weigh them.
  • Kyle G Middletown, NJ
    Ryan - I would say between $700 and $1000 with paint included (variability due to amount of trim, windows, doors, height of ceilings, painting over dark colors, etc). Although I would have to agree with Douglas that Manhattan prices can be significantly
  • That number would work fine for one room that Kyle provided. All is determined like he said by height, colors, and trims.

Welcome to the NY zip code factor on pricing. Everything in Manhattan is expensive. And all of it is figured into the cost

• Amber Claypool, AZ
    first of all what is it like living in ny? i bet its beautiful (in some places). anyways how come you just dont paint it yourself? then you can take credit for it and appreciate it more and wont have to depend on someone else finishing the job fast and
  • Ryan A New York, NY
    Amber, New York is a fascinating place with many things to see and do. It can be dirty in many areas but thats part of the character - locals just brush it aside and deal with it.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    It takes a unique breed to be able to live in a city...especially NY. I took a visit there some 30 years ago...its not for me. I prefer my mountains
  • Amber Claypool, AZ
    well then in that case maybe you should hire some one!!! lol good luck.