Self-watering Planter

I have really appreciated my original Really Raised Bed for starting transplants and nurturing tender plants I get in the mail. But these beds must be watered frequently to keep the soil from drying out.

I decided to make a self-watering raised bed and it has been a rousing success!

I have directions for making your own self-watering, really raised bed at http://www.walterreeves.com/how-to-archive/....

• Pandora Jade
    Pandora Jade Seymour, IN
    CITY PICKERS 24.5 in. x 20.5 in. Raised Bed Patio Garden Kit with Watering System and Casters

Model # 2340DInternet # 202563845Store SKU # 420942Store SO SKU # 401230(62) Write a Review$29.97

• Suzanne Richmond
    Suzanne Richmond Melbourne, FL
    I designed a self-watering Growbox that you can make yourself. Once you learn how it costs only $8-$9 to make. You can check it out at our website www.funkychickenfarm.com
  • Nancy Hatcher
    Nancy Hatcher Republic, MO
    Walter, I just checked out your directions and was amazed to find instructions for growing kudzu! Of all the destructive invasive plants kudzu is one of the worst in the south! At least it dies back in the cold north winters.
  • Larose LoganOakes
    Larose LoganOakes Annandale, VA
    I am so excited about this idea! I have convinced my husband to build these for me and I look forward to next Spring and growing my first official garden! Thanks for the information and the inspiration!
  • Catherine Smith
    Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    What a great idea. I'll have to talk to my BIL who is the carpenter guy around here. Thanks for sharing.
Walter Reeves