Chrysanthemum Mirror Made With Plastic Spoons

Crafts 07.17.15
This is one of my favorite projects that I've ever done because it proves a simple fact: Pretty decor doesn't have to be expensive (and in fact, it can be pretty cheap). I made this chrysanthemum mirror using the cheapest plastic spoons I could find at my local grocery store. I glued them to inexpensive MDF wreath forms and then painted them with craft paint. Minimal cost with big impact. My kind of decorating! :-D

#Bestof2012

• Chrysanthemum mirror made with cheap plastic spoons.
  • I used the cheapest spoons I could find, and actually cut the handles off with a pair of scissors. These were definitely NOT high quality plastic spoons! :-)
  • I used just one color of craft paint for the whole thing, and simply added a little bit more white latex paint (left over from my ceiling) for each row of spoons.

To see more: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/how-to-make-a-decorative-chrysanthemum-mirror.html

• Francine Nault
    I love your ideas and this one looks so rich looking. Will have to try this later on. I used to make flowers out of plastic spoons and light them up with a battery operated flame.
  • KathyPinkstaff
    KathyPinkstaff Farwell, MI
    I did this using dollar store bags of yellow spoons. Saved a ton of time painting!!!!
  • Joanne Watts
    Great color and the spoons are just an amazing idea!
  • RustyDusty
    RustyDusty Tyrone, GA
    Very fresh idea. Looks so classy and is adaptable with various colors, to any decor, indoors or out. Could also be done on a smaller scale for year-round table centerpieces with votives and locally-gathered greenery, etc. Thank you for posting! Would
  • Vicki Tenn
    Vicki Tenn Bradenton, FL
    Dollar store. Party city and Oriental Traders online.
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating