Hometalk.com

Chrysanthemum Mirror Made With Plastic Spoons

This is one of my favorite projects that I've ever done because it proves a simple fact: Pretty decor doesn't have to be expensive (and in fact, it can be pretty cheap). I made this chrysanthemum mirror using the cheapest plastic spoons I could find at my local grocery store. I glued them to inexpensive MDF wreath forms and then painted them with craft paint. Minimal cost with big impact. My kind of decorating! :-D

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/how-to-make-a-decorative-chrysanthemum-mirror.html

34 Comments Displaying 15 of 34 comments | See Previous
  • Georgeanne I Greensboro, NC
    Damn clever.
  • Patricia Summerfield, FL
    Not my style but it is pretty. I can see it in a girls room. I like it.
  • Jennifer Kerl White River Junction, VT
    Wow love it for my garden
  • Maria D. M Alamo, TX
    Is it easy to keep the dust off?
  • CCOL!!!!!
  • Nancy a Butcher Chillicothe, OH
    I love this & I am going to do this for ME,Thank You !!!
  • Kathy Box Springs, GA
    I usually dislike plastic because I like rustic type things, but this is beautiful. No one would ever guess that it was made of plastic spoons. I definitely will make one for Spring!
  • This is awesome!Will make mine gold!
  • Sidnia Soto Burlington, NJ
    Love it....would have to make three of them, purple for my oldest girl, hot pink, for my youngest and hot red for me.
  • Annie Ann Del Rio Madera, CA
    that is so cool wow
  • Kaytrishjr Conyers, GA
    I made one of these and what's interesting is that people come to my house and can't tell that they are spoons!!!!
  • Janice jenkins Bonne Terre, MO
    I didn't think they were spoons Awesome idea
  • Kristi...this will probably always be one of my favorite projects!
  • Anna Urban United Kingdom
    Fab idea it is and so stylish I would never gues that it is made of plastic spoons! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Jessica C Mc Farland, WI
    You would never know these were plastic spoons, great idea!