What should I use this GIGANTIC toy box for? (that's not illegal)

02.24.15
I had a bit of a thrift store meltdown, and purchased some weird items, but this one is truly spectacular. And I do not know what to do with the ridiculous thing now....

To see more: http://wishsimple.blogspot.ca/2012/08/questionable-thrift.html

• Tricia @ Simplicity In The South
    I have something similar in my oldest son's room at the end of the bed. We keep pillows and comforters in it since my linen closet is busting at the seams.
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Did you paint it? Or otherwise "prettify"? Because this thing is fugly.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I would cut it in half lengthwise, make a second top and turn the two of them into Mudroom benches, or benches for the breakfast table with long cushions on top and some paint, You could use them for storage of your "not used very often" kitchen items
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    Great ideas! Now I need a mudroom. lol
  • Pat S
    Pat S Titusville, FL
    I don't have a mudroom either, which I would love, but if you have space by the front door, or back, you could make it work. I'd paint and distress it and the letters...glam up with hardware and use for storage and bench. I love it!
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    @Pat.....If it comes as high as her knees in height....2 Benches....LOL the average seat is like 16-18 inches ....Of course maybe I should have asked how tall she is...LOL! But I have to say the thing DOES look Giagantic!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I know what I'd do with it. We live in the country and often purchase things via the web. This would be a great "mailbox" for all those larger boxes since I don't always see the delivery guys come. At Christmas when they are super busy they just pile
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    I'm of average height. Lol. Now my mom...... The top is as high as my waist at it's highest point. It's honestly gigantic.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    @Ally, so it would easily make Two Benches cut in half lengthwise..LOL
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I recorded all the Elvis movies on TCM last week and am just watching The Trouble With Girls now. Near the end they are packing up the Chautauqua and there's a huge toy chest that made me think of yours. Maybe your chest was used for a similar traveling
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    You know what. That is exactly what it looks like - all the gear for a travelling band.
  • Brenda Taylor
    Wonderful storage box. A little (lot) of paint and hardware would do wonders. If you dont like the lettering turn the lid over. I love it.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Are you posting pictures soon? LOL
  • Ally
    Ally Schenectady, NY
    The toy box has stymied me...
  • Mssmatch
    Mssmatch Florence, KY
    My taste in decorating runs to primitive country thus I would repurpose the toy box into a coffee table
Ally