Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

White Subway Tile Backsplash with Black Cabinets

New Kitchens 12.16.14
While everyone is lightening their kitchen spaces with white cabinets (which I adore!) I decided to keep my dark cabinets which are easier to clean. I wanted to brighten up the space though so I added a stark white subway tile backsplash for less than $200.

To see more: http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2012/08/subway-tile-backsplash.html

36 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 36 comments | See Previous
  • Cathy
    cathy Oak Lawn, IL
    Yeah to dark cabinets. I'm trying to figure out how to have a "cottage" kitchen with dark cabinets?
  • Kathy Blosser
    Kathy Blosser Charleston, WV
    Love it. The layout of your kitchen is exactly the same as mine.
  • Lisa H
    Lisa H Mc Millan, MI
    LOVE IT! Great job :)
  • Clara D
    Clara D Leesville, SC
    I did mine in red brick same size as those. i found 3 boxes in a good will store. wish i could find more.
  • Angela B
    Angela B Palatine, IL
    The cabinets look great, you have inspired me to get started om my kitchen. How did you prep the cabinets and what type of paint did you use.
  • Beatrice A
    have old cabinets, wanted them black, will glossy paint be too much?
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    When I take down the cabinets I plan to sand and paint the boxes, will an interior semi-gloss paint work? do I have to do anything else?
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    Beatrice I probably wouldn't go glossy in a kitchen . That is my personal preference though. It is up to you.
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    Angela, I used a regular satin paint. I also distressed them so I didn't prime the cabinets but I did sand it down completely with a fine grit sandpaper to take the gloss off it.
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    Sharron an interior semi gloss should work fine the key is to prep them cabinets well. Wash with TSP or soap and water and then sand them down or put a deglosser on them to prep them for painting.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Thanks Beckie!
  • Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating
    I'm a little late to this post. So glad you didn't paint those cabinets! I absolutely LOVE black cabinets, and they look so good next to your white subway tile backsplash.
  • Jessica @ Dear Emmeline
    Looks great Beckie! I'm on the light train...I want to paint mine white but I love how your's look too! The tile was an excellent choice to lighten the space.
  • Amy Mills
    Amy Mills Lancaster, OH
    this is a really late comment but I was wondering what color your grout is and how big is the spacing? We were given two boxes of free white subway tile for our kitchen and was debating on grout color and spacing.
  • Amye Mae
    Amye Mae Washington, DC
    Less than $200? I'm intrigued...and love that photo with the hair rollers! Too perfect!
Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing