Simple Spice Storage

Hangers & Hooks 06.11.15
I'm currently in the middle of redoing my smaller kitchen that I want to function like a well-planned galley. I'm also trying to spend as little as possible to do it! Here's what I whipped up to create a functional and stylish little storage system for salt, kosher salt, powdered sugar, etc. (Everything above the counters will be white and fresh in my space, but you could use it for "colorful" spices too....heck, even beads in your craft room.) You'll just need spice jars, floral wire and nails!
  • Inexpensive spice jars hung with nails and floral wire.
  • Functional pretty.
  • Shown: Two different wire thicknesses. Either with work.
  • Floral wire twist around jar next to form a loop for hanging.
  • Use a paint marker to label the lids.

To see more: http://www.freckledlaundry.com/2012/08/wire-and-nail-hanging-spice-holder.html

• Felicity Woodruffe
    Felicity Woodruffe United Kingdom
    mamite jars would be great for this as they are dark and a perfect size for spices and dried herbs could ut screw through lids or glue magnets on lids
  • Charlotte Belange
    where did you get the jars? i have a lot of spices and herbs Char Belange YELM, WA
    • Kara
      Kara Mountain Home, AR
      Charlotte I have very similar containers. I bought them online from SKS Bottles; I believe they are the French square and come in a 24 pack of glass or plastic. I was also able to save $10, by liking the company on FB and then emailing them to verify
  • Kathy
    Kathy Independence, OR
    I think we all have preferences or different info on spice storage. I think heat is most destructive, but consider light and heat they are exposed to in transit or store. I think age is dangerous for some spices. These hanging bottles are great idea.
  • Jennifer Love Mendenhall
    Jennifer Love Mendenhall College Station, TX
    Where you put your spices is up to you but the concept is super cheap and easy. What a great idea.
  • Lakshmi Sudhakar
    A great idea.
Freckled Laundry (Jami)