Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Simple Spice Storage

I'm currently in the middle of redoing my smaller kitchen that I want to function like a well-planned galley. I'm also trying to spend as little as possible to do it! Here's what I whipped up to create a functional and stylish little storage system for salt, kosher salt, powdered sugar, etc. (Everything above the counters will be white and fresh in my space, but you could use it for "colorful" spices too....heck, even beads in your craft room.) You'll just need spice jars, floral wire and nails!

To see more: http://www.freckledlaundry.com/2012/08/wire-and-nail-hanging-spice-holder.html

31 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 19 of 31 comments | See Previous
  • Jessica Bruno @ Four Generations One Roof
    wow this is a great idea and stylish :)
  • Cassie Rigney Barton
    its super cute! Question: aren't you ever just grabby while cooking/baking? I just could not have them all looking so 'similar' (even though SO DANG PRETTY) right by each other and on top of themselves. Not sure how tall you are, but I'm like NOT and I'd
  • Harlee Jenkins
    Harlee Jenkins Charlotte, NC
    Ima going to pass on this project.
  • Peg
    Peg Saint George, UT
    Very cute. Amazing what you can do in a small kitchen when you are creative.
  • Maryannnmp
    Maryannnmp Philadelphia, PA
    really a good and cute and good idea
  • Carolyn_conway
    Carolyn_conway Independence, MO
    Can also use the very small mason jelly jars to do this....
  • LauriCNEKS
    LauriCNEKS Fairview, KS
    I liked the larger wire better
  • Beverly Alley
    Beverly Alley Mesa, AZ
    I also had a problem with storage for my spices and used this opening to build shelves and finally had a place for my spices.
  • Judy Parkey
    Judy Parkey Madill, OK
    I'd want the name of the spice on the front with an expiration date.
  • Barbara C
    Barbara C Mcdonough, GA
    all these ideas are good, but spices should never be exposed to light and heat.cool and dark is best.
  • Felicity Woodruffe
    Felicity Woodruffe United Kingdom
    you can glue magnets to the lids if you dont want to use wire
  • Dana Corby
    Dana Corby Anderson Island, WA
    Clever and attractive, but a terrible mistake. Spices should be stored in the dark, as far from the stove as possible in the kitchen, because light and heat destroy them. Mine are in a drawer on the other side of the room. My spices last for years --
  • Lisa Fortner
    Lisa Fortner Louisville, KY
    great idea!!! good job!
  • Felicity Woodruffe
    Felicity Woodruffe United Kingdom
    mamite jars would be great for this as they are dark and a perfect size for spices and dried herbs could ut screw through lids or glue magnets on lids
  • Charlotte Belange
    where did you get the jars? i have a lot of spices and herbs Char Belange YELM, WA
    • Kara
      Kara Mountain Home, AR
      Charlotte I have very similar containers. I bought them online from SKS Bottles; I believe they are the French square and come in a 24 pack of glass or plastic. I was also able to save $10, by liking the company on FB and then emailing them to verify
Freckled Laundry (Jami)

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing