Pipe Shelves and DIY Bench for a Mini Mudroom

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
The entry from the garage is our prime spot for gathering shoes, jackets, and all the junk needed before heading out the door. Using some inspiration found online, I built this bench and put together the pipe shelves myself. Learn more on my blog http://junkyvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/06/mud...
  • An industrial look with pipe shelving and a chalkboard door.
  • The metal bins hold our scarves, hats, and mittens.
  • The pipe shelves weren't too difficult...would've been easier with an actual plan!
  • A space for coats, keys, hats, sunglasses, and the number 5.
  • The finishing touch for organizing as we walk out the door - a chalkboard door.
  • Stacy
    Stacy Tolland, CT
    This is fantastic- beautiful and functional! I'm impressed that this was your first big woodworking project- great job!
  • Jill N
    Jill N Derwood, MD
    Thank you EV! The shelves and hooks work well, and the chalkboard is already coming in handy...I don't even have to train my hubs to use it - he caught on right away!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Great industrial look and can't go wrong with a chalkboard!
Jill N

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post