Pipe Shelves and DIY Bench for a Mini Mudroom

The entry from the garage is our prime spot for gathering shoes, jackets, and all the junk needed before heading out the door. Using some inspiration found online, I built this bench and put together the pipe shelves myself. Learn more on my blog http://junkyvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/06/mud...
  • An industrial look with pipe shelving and a chalkboard door.
  • The metal bins hold our scarves, hats, and mittens.
  • The pipe shelves weren't too difficult...would've been easier with an actual plan!
  • A space for coats, keys, hats, sunglasses, and the number 5.
  • The finishing touch for organizing as we walk out the door - a chalkboard door.
  • Jill N
    Jill N Derwood, MD
    Thanks Caitlin! I have been drooling over those pipe shelves since I saw the hotel ones.
  • Jill N
    Jill N Derwood, MD
    weheartDIY - I actually just snapped a pic on my phone of the list and went shopping. Easy! Finally a space in my house that's fully functioning :)
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Great industrial look and can't go wrong with a chalkboard!
  • Jill N
    Jill N Derwood, MD
    Thank you EV! The shelves and hooks work well, and the chalkboard is already coming in handy...I don't even have to train my hubs to use it - he caught on right away!
  • Stacy
    Stacy Tolland, CT
    This is fantastic- beautiful and functional! I'm impressed that this was your first big woodworking project- great job!
Jill N