Vintage Camera Tripod Floor Lamp

I turned my grandfather's wooden camera tripod into a stunning floor lamp with materials upcycled from an unused table lamp.

To see more: http://www.madincrafts.com/2011/11/vintage-camera-tripod-lamp.html

• The Bold Abode
    The Bold Abode Forest, VA
    Very cool!
  • Linda @ it all started with paint
    I love that!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I love this lamp Jessica. I bought three tripod table lamps at Target last year with plans on changing the third into a floor lamp. I absolutely love this look. How neat to have your grandfather's tripod to use! What a treasure you've made.
  • Hudson Designs
    Hudson Designs Loganville, GA
    Great work! Very rustic fill to it.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Is the photography in the background some of your Grandfathers by any chance?
  • Jessica Hill
    Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    The photos in the background are all mine, but the camera in the foreground is his.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Oh that's so neat Jessica. What treasures. I have all my folks photos and movies. I've started scanning the pictures, but have yet taken the videos to be transferred to digital media.
  • Angela: Unexpected Elegance
    Becky I love this!! I made one a few years ago from a surveyors stand, but with the chain it seemed wobbly, Are you having that problem? You did yours a little differently, so I might try it this way! Thanks for the tutorial.
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    What a great idea! Now you have a lamp that has a wonderful story behind it!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    This is amazing and love that it came from your grandfather. I actually made one of these years ago from an old surveyors tripod but one of the legs needs a little tlc to make it stand. I'm motivated to get it done now!
  • Deb Laber
    Deb Laber Cincinnati, OH
    What an awesome way to use a special family item. My husband has a level and some other random tools from his grandfather. I'm still racking my brain to figure out a way to use them. Excellent execution.
Jessica Hill