Vintage Camera Tripod Floor Lamp

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I turned my grandfather's wooden camera tripod into a stunning floor lamp with materials upcycled from an unused table lamp.

To see more:

• .
    . Albert, OK
    Oh that's so neat Jessica. What treasures. I have all my folks photos and movies. I've started scanning the pictures, but have yet taken the videos to be transferred to digital media.
  • Angela: Unexpected Elegance
    Becky I love this!! I made one a few years ago from a surveyors stand, but with the chain it seemed wobbly, Are you having that problem? You did yours a little differently, so I might try it this way! Thanks for the tutorial.
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    What a great idea! Now you have a lamp that has a wonderful story behind it!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    This is amazing and love that it came from your grandfather. I actually made one of these years ago from an old surveyors tripod but one of the legs needs a little tlc to make it stand. I'm motivated to get it done now!
  • Deb Laber
    Deb Laber Cincinnati, OH
    What an awesome way to use a special family item. My husband has a level and some other random tools from his grandfather. I'm still racking my brain to figure out a way to use them. Excellent execution.
Jessica Hill

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post