Hometalk.com

03.22.14

Do plumbers have a slang lingo?

It seems that plumbing (particularly clogged bathroom plumbing) would lend itself to a colorful and nuanced internal lexicon. Discuss.
1060 on Sep 01, 2011
8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I've heard a few over the years...many of them refer to special "tools" that plumbers use...one is a "donkey dick" which is a "long ball pneumatic test plug" this is used to plug drain lines to test for leaks. It is a long tubed balloon type thing
  • yes, plumbers have slang words for just about everything...
  • Chaya K New York, NY
    I take it it's not the kind of thing you'd want to say in public?
  • hahahaha, good guess... plumbing by nature is vey... shall i say... sexual.... male fittings, female fittings, so no i don't think i'll be posting any "slang" terms today... ; )
  • I'm pretty sure that as M. Cary says, my plumbers have heard a lot of slang words for plumbing-related tools and equipment over the years; however, either because I'm old enough to be their mother or because I send them to so many customer service
  • Walter Reeves Decatur, GA
    Isn't there a saying about something that flows downhill, plus a reference to payday and the parentage of the boss?
  • They call a clogged or plugged drain, a drain that is plogged.
  • AlloReg Australia
    Personal Drainer = slang for plumber