Powder Room Makeover You Must See the After

Bathroom Ideas 09.13.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I would love to own an old farm house, but that isn't going to happen so why not add some of that style in our traditional home. That is exactly what we did in our tiny powder room. This room ended up being featured in Cottages & Bungalows magazine in June 2012. Here are some snippets. Come see all the details at my blog.
  • This is the very dated before. This room actually had blue striped wallpaper when we built the house and then I did this faux treatment on the walls when it was all the rage.
  • Then the walls were painted a solid more traditional color.
  • The after is so much nicer and brighter. Come and check out the rest.

To see more: http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/powder-room.html

• SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    SheilaG, Plum Doodles Simpsonville, SC
    I actually like all your powder room variations, but the latest is my fave. Funny how our tastes change, isn't it? I love the beadboard wallpaper after seeing it in person at Rhoda's house, trying to figure out where I can use it.
  • Jean
    Jean Butte, MT
    Love the transformation. Never was a big fan of the faux painting. Seems like it was fauxer before it started. haha!
  • Marianne Radley
    Nice update! I for one am glad the ornate look is out - it reminded me of old funeral homes! =o)
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Nice clean "crisp" (ode to the apples, LOL) Look, I really love the transformation! What's inside the mirror?
  • Kim N
    Kim N Buford, GA
    There isn't anything inside the mirror. The reflection is of the plate rack in the hall.

Kim N

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post