Framed Chalkboard Panels for the Fridge

crafty 02.19.15
I recently painted my kitchen cabinets. Our white appliances really stood out (in a not so pleasing way) against the new cabinet color. I have been wanting to conquer the clutter that accumulates on our fridge for a long time, so I attached (with magnets!) new, chalkboard panels to the front. Fun and functional!!!

To see more: http://cottage4c.com/refrigerator-black-board/

• Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Becky, hmmmmm.... I vaguely remember discussing how the fridge opened when we first got it. I don't remember what our reason was, or even if there was a reason it opens the other way! And now that you mention it, it seems like opening towards the
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I thought maybe there was a reason it opened that way, like your dining room or a family room and it being easier to grab drinks with it opening that way. I'm sure you're so used to it now that it would be weird to have it open toward your kitchen now.
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    You are so right! We are creatures of habit!
  • MaryAnn D
    MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Great idea
  • Beth B
    Beth B Morris, NY
    Now-you-should-go-to-the-Facebook-page-for-Poetic-Lenses-and-order-some-nifty-photo-magnets-to-post-on-the-fridge!
  • Linda @ it all started with paint
    Loving this idea ... heading to the blog for more!
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    Such a great idea- I love it!!!
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    Love this idea! With that wide of framing tho', I'm wondering what kind of magnets you used to hold that kind of weight? And how many? Surely it wasn't the craft magnet strips, was it?
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Patricia Morse - nope, no craft magnets. I had to go through a company called K&J Magnetics. (link is on my blog post) They are super strong and are actually attached to the boards with screws. They haven't budged!!!
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    Oh, thanks so much! I knew they had to be good stong magnets to hold that weight. K & J, here I come!
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    I'm back! I went to K & J Mag. and found various magnets. Are yours the rectangular ones, ZB8 @ $1.78 each? How many did it take to hold all your trim?
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    Guess I should have checked your blog first before heading to K & J..... Now I see your magnets. Thanks so much! Great idea which looks nice, too!
  • Collene Heeg
    Collene Heeg Cincinnati, OH
    I love it and the color of your cabinets,,,im going French country in my small kitchen on a budget so I love all these good idea
  • Chris aka monkey
    Chris aka monkey Mount Pleasant, TN
    Brenda M this idea is fabulous and i went to your blog to see more...... maybe because i am old but i did not see black gate handle and i was curious about that thanks xx
  • Sheryl Killoran
    Sheryl Killoran Cumming, GA
    LOVE that you spell Conor the 'right' way! We spell our son's name the same way and must say it's rare!
Brenda M