Framed Chalkboard Panels for the Fridge

maison 01.15.16
I recently painted my kitchen cabinets. Our white appliances really stood out (in a not so pleasing way) against the new cabinet color. I have been wanting to conquer the clutter that accumulates on our fridge for a long time, so I attached (with magnets!) new, chalkboard panels to the front. Fun and functional!!!

To see more: http://cottage4c.com/refrigerator-black-board/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Beth
    Beth Oneonta, NY
    Now-you-should-go-to-the-Facebook-page-for-Poetic-Lenses-and-order-some-nifty-photo-magnets-to-post-on-the-fridge!
  • MaryAnn D
    MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Great idea
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    You are so right! We are creatures of habit!
  • Zzzz...
    Zzzz... Albert, OK
    I thought maybe there was a reason it opened that way, like your dining room or a family room and it being easier to grab drinks with it opening that way. I'm sure you're so used to it now that it would be weird to have it open toward your kitchen now.
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Becky, hmmmmm.... I vaguely remember discussing how the fridge opened when we first got it. I don't remember what our reason was, or even if there was a reason it opens the other way! And now that you mention it, it seems like opening towards the
  • Zzzz...
    Zzzz... Albert, OK
    Brenda, it's awesome. I absolutely love it. The magnets are a great idea...just in case...I did notice your fridge opens away from the kitchen. Is that on purpose? I know any fridge we've every had, other than the side by side we have now, the doors
  • Laurie
    Laurie Jonesboro, AR
    What a great idea! I may try to copy this. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Beckie - wow! Thank you tons!!! So loving comments from the big girls! lol!!
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    I love that, what a fun idea. i like the frame idea as it gives some nice depth to the fridge.
  • Beachcomber
    Beachcomber Australia
    love!!
  • Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
    Oh everyone is loving it :) So fun to share. It's darling!
  • Evey's Creations
    Evey's Creations Califon, NJ
    LOVE this! :) and LOL at forgetting a child...I've TOTALLY done that before! -_-
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    FoxHollow - thanks so much!! I love your blog - so happy to be on your fb!
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Steve - thanks! and she doesn't even hold it against me! :)
  • Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
    Well heck, how can you be in two places at once? Give yourself a break :) This cute fridge sure gets you one free pass right? LOL. It's wonderful and the trim just makes it! So fab :))) Sharing on fb. I love it!!
Brenda M