Fall in love hanging up your clothes... with a pallet wood closet wall.

ideas 05.11.15
Ever since being a teen, I've always disliked hanging up my clothes. So I did something about it.

Random reclaimed lumber, most from pallets were screwed into the wall along with some pretty crazy hooks. This idea has saved my bedroom! And hardwood floors. Full tutorial is avail.

#Bestof2012

#Love2Repurpose

#Recycle

#StorageSolutions

#GetOrganized

#Makeover

#WallUpdates

Time: 1 Day Difficulty: Easy
  • What are these wacky random hooks doing?
  • Why, they're holding up half my closet!
  • Pallet boards were installed in a random fashion. And trust me, I pulled off some great cheats you need to check out. This wall was dead easy to pull off.
  • Regular hooks?! Not a chance. :) I just shopped the garage and found a bunch of cool stuff that could hang and called it done.
  • Fun! And to think I use to dread this...

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/02/bedroom-redo-part-3-pallet-wood-closet.html

• Catherine Westergaard
    Might be kind of fun to do in a mud room as well (don't have one of those here in the southwest, but I can imagine :) I bought some neat wood advertising hangers from some old local businesses that would look really cute this way! Like your "out of the
  • Michele A
    Amazing! I love all the hooks you used and the wall came out incredible!!
  • Meggan Stewart
    Meggan Stewart Redwood Falls, MN
    I could see it working for hats, or purses or even coats or jackets, but hanging up jeans or shirts all pell mell on the wall like that does not sound appealing to my taste...but whatever works for you!
  • Marilyn G
    Marilyn G Lubbock, TX
    Janet, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all...I just stated my thought on the idea!
  • Sherry Goolsby
    Sherry Goolsby Richland, MS
    In my case,I have to agree with Janet. There's just not enough room to HANG-UP all of my clothes,as much as I would like that. This is a great alternative for jackets and favorite jeans.
  • Janet Flannery
    Janet Flannery Enville, TN
    WOW!! Marilyn, I really hope that was a somewhat sarcastic attempt at being funny and not just some mean spirited comment you thought you'd throw out there for whatever reason. Donna is one of the TOP DIY bloggers and all of her "JUNK" looks amazing!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna