Rustic Mirror Tutorial

Decor Ideas 07.15.14

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My dad gave me some old rough-edged cedar and walnut from his barn, and I really wanted to make a large mirror. I had a 2' x 3' plate mirror handy, and gave it a shot. Sadly the walnut was about 1/4" thinner than the cedar and I tightened the mirror clips too tight. I had just enough time to drag it inside and get the hubs' to admire it before CRASH! it shattered all over the floor. Awesome. I snagged another mirror for $20 off CL and started again, this time shimming the walnut so the mirror wasn't being pulled down. It's held up much better! I salvaged some hanging wire from a large old picture I removed from a frame and it's now ready for the wall! The hard part is deciding where....

Full step-by-step tutorial is available on my blog

• 7 years bad luck? I sure hope not!
  • I made the frame with pocket holes using my Kreg jig
  • my finished mirror made from old cedar and walnut
  • raw edge wood

To see more:

Brooke N

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post