Making a Full Length Mirror

good ideas 02.09.14

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
After unsuccessfully looking for a full length mirror for the bedroom, I settled on making one with a large oval mirror purchased for just $1. I had an old barn door that I painted Old White with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and then I hung the mirror on the door.

• My full length mirror assembled and now residing in my bedroom.
  • Annie Sloan Chalk Paint sticks to anything. I didn't even have to prep the wood. I applied 2 coats of Old White.
  • Here's the $1 yard sale mirror leaning against the old barn door.
  • A photo of the barn door before it was transformed into my new full-length mirror.

To see more:

• Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    That's just crazy beautiful. Only a $1 for the mirror? Wowsers what a great deal.
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I just love it and your claw tub and your beautiful blue bedroom.
  • Town and Country Living
    Thanks so much, Sheryll!
  • Rita
    Rita Fayette, OH
    Awesome! I have a mirror like yours that is very heavy and I wasn't sure about hanging it, or where I should hang it. I never thought of hanging it on one of my old doors, leaned against the wall. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Town and Country Living
    Glad you like it, Rita!
Town and Country Living

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post