Making a Full Length Mirror

good ideas 02.09.14
After unsuccessfully looking for a full length mirror for the bedroom, I settled on making one with a large oval mirror purchased for just $1. I had an old barn door that I painted Old White with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and then I hung the mirror on the door.

#Recycle

• My full length mirror assembled and now residing in my bedroom.
  • Annie Sloan Chalk Paint sticks to anything. I didn't even have to prep the wood. I applied 2 coats of Old White.
  • Here's the $1 yard sale mirror leaning against the old barn door.
  • A photo of the barn door before it was transformed into my new full-length mirror.

To see more: http://townandcountryliving.blogspot.com/2012/09/full-length-mirror-for-bedroom.html

• Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    That's just crazy beautiful. Only a $1 for the mirror? Wowsers what a great deal.
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I just love it and your claw tub and your beautiful blue bedroom.
  • Town and Country Living
    Thanks so much, Sheryll!
  • Rita
    Rita Fayette, OH
    Awesome! I have a mirror like yours that is very heavy and I wasn't sure about hanging it, or where I should hang it. I never thought of hanging it on one of my old doors, leaned against the wall. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Town and Country Living
    Glad you like it, Rita!
Town and Country Living