Rustic Coffee Table From Old Cedar Fence Boards

I saw a stack of beautifully worn and weathered cedar fence boards headed for the city dump, and knew I had to rescue them. I created a coffee table with a very simple, rugged design. I used it indoors, but this type of table could also be the perfect addition to a porch or patio.

To see more: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/diy-factory-cart-style-coffee-table.html

• Debbiedoo's
    debbiedoo's Fort Mill, SC
    What an awesome table! I love that it has wheels and can go anywhere! Nice job Kristi.
  • Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating
    Thanks, Debbie! I originally wanted the wheels to look old and rustic as well, but I was running very short on time and just needed to get the project finished. :) Oh well. My next one will have perfectly rusted and old wheels. :-D
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    This is a work of art! Very nice to have the wheels too. Beautiful!
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    So glad you rescued those fence boards. That would have been such a waste.
  • Michael H
    Michael H Sweden
    nice result!
  • Laura Garcia
    Laura Garcia Danville, CA
    Love the look of this table. Every time I drive past an old barn or fence I admire the aged and rustic wood planks and imagine beautiful projects that could be created from them!
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    Ooooh I love it. I am so digging rustic wood lately.
  • Redfly Creations
    Redfly Creations Forney, TX
    Great idea! i found a bunch of wood crates on the side of the road----may have to do this.
  • Dee @ deeconstructed.com
    Super cute & functional. Great job Kristi!
  • Marion Nesbitt
    And if you hinged the top, you could use the space inside for "stuff"!
  • Enjb
    Enjb Jacksonville, FL
    Put a cushion on it and you have additional seating too.
  • Frances Hoffman
    Frances Hoffman Grand Rapids, MI
    could have added a second set of handles, and wal la storage chest on wheels ! would need a bottom though !
  • Lynn P
    Lynn P Parkville, MD
    How creative! I love it. Where do you get pallets from at reasonable prices? Preferably free!! Suggestions?
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating