Hometalk.com

Around the House 03.29.14

Rustic Coffee Table From Old Cedar Fence Boards

I saw a stack of beautifully worn and weathered cedar fence boards headed for the city dump, and knew I had to rescue them. I created a coffee table with a very simple, rugged design. I used it indoors, but this type of table could also be the perfect addition to a porch or patio.

To see more: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/diy-factory-cart-style-coffee-table.html

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • debbiedoo's Fort Mill, SC
    What an awesome table! I love that it has wheels and can go anywhere! Nice job Kristi.
  • Thanks, Debbie! I originally wanted the wheels to look old and rustic as well, but I was running very short on time and just needed to get the project finished. :) Oh well. My next one will have perfectly rusted and old wheels. :-D
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    This is a work of art! Very nice to have the wheels too. Beautiful!
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    So glad you rescued those fence boards. That would have been such a waste.
  • Michael H Derby, KS
    nice result!
  • Laura Garcia Danville, CA
    Love the look of this table. Every time I drive past an old barn or fence I admire the aged and rustic wood planks and imagine beautiful projects that could be created from them!
  • Ooooh I love it. I am so digging rustic wood lately.
  • Redfly Creations Forney, TX
    Great idea! i found a bunch of wood crates on the side of the road----may have to do this.
  • Super cute & functional. Great job Kristi!