Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.08.14

Farmhouse Kitchen Remodel

The homeowners of this Chester County home, designed by historic restoration architect John Milner, wanted to update their cramped kitchen to make it brighter and more functional, while staying true to the traditional farmhouse style of the house. To achieve this goal, Pine Street Carpenters designed a new kitchen incorporating custom bead-board cabinetry and solid maple countertops. To open up the kitchen and create more space, a custom hutch with period hardware was built-in along one wall of the kitchen and the exterior wall was pushed back. Centered in the kitchen is a custom bead-board multi-function island. The hand-selected cherry wood top works for prep cooking and dining, and the bead board base is loaded with storage. Environmentally-friendly cork flooring was used throughout the kitchen, and custom mahogany doors connect the kitchen to the outdoors, leading to a hardscaped patio.
10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Ellen H Cullman, AL
    Talk about streamlining.... wow, this is great. Hard to reconcile with that "before" pic.
  • Ladena S Ava, MO
    very very nice
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Wow! Dramatic difference while maintaining the integrity of the period. Let me just say, those doors steal the act!!!
  • Thanks for the lovely comments, all!
  • Karen Zephyrhills, FL
    i loooove it.
  • Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    Very nice. Looks great!
  • Kyleigh Gray Petersburg, VA
    That is a huge transformation!
  • Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    What kind of lights did you use? I need to brighten my kitchen without redoing the whole. Thanks
  • Sorry, but we do not have the exact brand name on file for these pendant lights. Adding recessed lighting, as was done here, should help!
  • Angie Little Rock, AR
    your dishes are adorable. where did you get them (feeding my chicken collection)? Love the remodel! Love the 3/4 wall with the cabinets, good use of space.