Mosaic Tile Framed Mirror | Hometalk
51K views

Mosaic Tile Framed Mirror

Marvelous Mosaics on Mar 19, 2016
51K views
It's almost a universal consensus that we all hate builder-grade plate glass mirrors. It's so easy to spice them up, so I guess that's the silver lining! I looked into using hardware-store mosaic tiles, but they were a bit too pricey for me. My solution? Hot glue and individual glass tiles! I bought them at Hobby Lobby for $15. The tiles have had no problems at all staying put in over a year of use. Plus I did it while 9 months pregnant, so it's a very user-friendly project!

To see more: http://www.killerbdesigns.com/tile-framed-mirror/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
33 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 5  of  33 | See Previous
  • Linda Skow
    Linda Skow Arlington, TX

Mine also has those plastic brackets holding it on the wall. Want to hear your input on those is you have an opinion or knowledge. Also, it's been a while since you posted this so I'm assuming you have lived with it for a while. How's it holding

• Kor
    Kor Enumclaw, WA

go to the hardware store and buy the silver flat clips so you can go over them, they are less than $5

• Ginny Sutton
    Ginny Sutton Sun City West, AZ

Can you please more of how the silver clips are used over the plastic ones ? Does the mirror need to be removed? The photos look great and since this is my first DIY project I am excited about starting this and would really appreciate step by step.

• Andrea S
    Andrea S Canada

The silver clips don't go over the plastic. They are the brackets and have the same function as the plastic ones the difference is they are flat and don't stick out. You need to loosen the screws on the plastic brackets to turn them so the mirror can

• Alicia Crawford
    Alicia Crawford Carrollton, GA

I haven't had a lot of luck with hot glue holding up very well over time and are so easy to just pop or fall off. Would something like the E6000 glue work better? The last thing you want is for your tiles to start falling off....thanks for any

­