Hometalk.com

Craft ideas 03.30.14

DIY Dry Erase Calendar Board

I made a dry erase calendar board from an old picture frame and burlap. Instead of buying dry erase markers, I just use a Sharpie instead. I love having the calendar in plain view! To see more, go to my blog...

To see more: http://awalkinthecountryside.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-dry-erase-calendar.html

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Neat idea. I need to find a large enough picture frame to do this with. I'll use linen since my allergies don't get along well with burlap! The burlap looks awesome though.
  • Becky, My first thought was to use linen as well but I didn't have any on hand and live about 40 miles from the nearest store that carries it. I still may change mine as well!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    That can be a problem. I live just 12 miles from Omaha and their fabric stores, but for a project like this you could cut up a linen garment.
  • Amy W. Clermont, FL
    I LOVE the burlap...I will be making this!!!!!
  • Colleen Fargo, ND
    So simple and easy to use, and it looks like I could do this. Will try it this weekend.
  • what makes it erasable? Is something placed over the burlap?
    • Judi M Edwardsburg, MI
      Kathy Kozak Peterson You write on the glass. I made something similar a few years ago with smaller frames. Using scrap book paper on the inside and gluing magnets on the back to make dry erase memo boards. Really easy, really cute
    • Trudy Springville, UT
      Judi M Magnets?
  • Jwright Mountain View, AR
    If you can't get to a fabric store you could use the brown packaging paper and still have the same look. I found a large roll of the paper at Walmart on the aisle with mailing envelopes and tape, etc.
  • Judi M Edwardsburg, MI
    I absolutely love this. This would be a really cute and unique gift. What size frame is used here? Really love the look of the burlap