Hometalk.com

09.11.12

Dresser Dilemma!

Not too long ago we were blessed to have found the perfect dresser to convert to a TV stand. We thought that maybe the inside could be used as shelves to hold the components but upon closer inspection, the materials there seem to be very bowed and of very thin materials. I would post a picture of it, as I've taken a few from my iPad - but when it pops up on Hometalk the picture is upside down - I'm not sure if that's a bug or not... Anyway, they look like they can be replaced, but the material would have to be somewhat thin to fit in the slots. Being inexperienced in this area, we're not sure where to go from here. Has anyone else run across this? Any suggestions? Thanks!
29 Comments Displaying 15 of 29 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh good, I'm happy you've figured it out. I was gone most of the day yesterday so didn't get a chance to check back in as I normally would have.
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    @Becky - Thanks! No problem. I understand how busy things can get. Hopefully I can post pictures of it tomorrow. We're just going to make sure everything works.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Looking forward to seeing it. I have a MCM dresser I planned on turning into a flat screen TV ET center, but we decided on a different arrangement in our Gentleman's Parlor so the piece is now used as decor storage in the Ladies Parlor. I've yet to stain
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    @Becky - Thanks! We're putting it in the room today. Oh, that sounds nice! And it sounds like you you have wonderful plans for it. Looking forward to seeing it when you do. Congratulations on your daughter getting married! Things must be crazy busy for
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh great!

Yes we're very busy catching up on things we didn't get done for planning the wedding, but then we also got a few things

• April Lawrenceville, GA
    Thanks! Were thinking of lining the bottom drawer now and were still experimenting on where to put it.

I can imagine so. I'm glad to know you're getting many projects done. Wow! I know what you mean - there's been things we've

• April Lawrenceville, GA
    Oops...

P.S. Will try to post a pic of the dresser as soon as we get the drawer possibly lined and in.

• Becky Blair, NE
    Thank you April. Glad you didn't laugh at the fact I hung frames before I had pictures to put in them. I've gotten a few strange looks.
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    You're very welcome! :) Nah, not at all. It's good space planning. Sometimes it's good to just set things where you'd like them to go so you can get a better idea of the overall picture.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome.

I should have know that like minded decorating folks would understand my picture-less frames.

• April Lawrenceville, GA
    Hehe, but of course. :) I could probably match that in we've hung curtains that don't even match before reprinting the room. But it helps us to see what a whole new palete looks like.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Count me in on doing that one too.
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    Hehe. Good to know I'm not alone in these things, :)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Nope.
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    :)