Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.15.14

Small backyard? This "spool" is the perfect solution

This spa / pool is the perfect solution for a backyard that is too small for a pool. This client wanted a pool or a water feature a patio and a fun place to entertain. Our idea was to create this spool, which can stay cool during hot summer days and heated up on a cool evening. Add a waterfall and a gas fire pit and this place is party central! Read more about is project in HOUSE Magazine http://www.deckandpatio.com/DP_Blog/?p=1105 #Bestof2012
Time: 4 Weeks Cost: $70000 Difficulty: Challenging
32 Comments Displaying 15 of 32 comments | See Previous
  • Corinne A Rochester, NY
    Wow! this is perfect! I have a natural hill in my back yard and have been wanting to put in a water feature...but never heard of a Spool! This is exactly what I want to do! I wanted a spa like water feature...but never thought I could do it with options
  • Lauralee Kidder Willoughby, OH
    This is awesome! great job! what was the cost for that?
  • Michelle Athol, ID
    Could you please tell me the dimensions on the "spool"? Just the swimming/spa part? This is a great idea especially here in Idaho where we don't have enough of a warm season to justify having a pool. The spool makes sense around here
  • Nancy L Jeffersonville, VT
    I would love to have this in my yard!
  • N. Giff Glen Mills, PA
    This is exactly what I'd like! We have a 400 gallon hot tub attached to a 25 thousand gallon pool. We don't use the pool nearly enough so this spool is perfect for us in our next house!
  • Absolutely perfect!!!
  • Robyn R Winnsboro, TX
    Perfect for any backyard. Just beautiful. Great idea.
  • Victoria S Ozark, AL
    OMG!!! This is so awesome! I too would love to know approx prices. Please message me.
  • Deck and Patio Company "O... Huntington Station, NY
    This spool is approx 12' long and 7-8' wide. It is basically a very small vinyl swimming pool with several extra Jacuzzi jets. It has 2 water pumps for the jets, 1 water pump for the waterfall, 1 air pump and a full size gas heater (so the temp. can go
  • debr777 Plymouth Meeting, PA
    This is a perfect fit for our yard.
    This Spool project was editorialized in HOUSE Magazine in 2006 read the whole article here http://www.deckandpatio.com/DP_Blog/?p=1105
  • Laurie E Hobe Sound, FL
    25000 Dollars?! Its beautiful but out of range for me. :(
  • Awesome backyard!
  • Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    70 grand? WOW, I'm green with envy. It's beautiful though for sure! It better be for that amount!
  • Nice pool todominate asmall garden.

venkatesan