Small backyard? This "spool" is the perfect solution

This spa / pool is the perfect solution for a backyard that is too small for a pool. This client wanted a pool or a water feature a patio and a fun place to entertain. Our idea was to create this spool, which can stay cool during hot summer days and heated up on a cool evening. Add a waterfall and a gas fire pit and this place is party central! Read more about is project in HOUSE Magazine #Bestof2012
Time: 4 Weeks Cost: $70000 Difficulty: Challenging
  • "Spool" pool and spa all in one.
  • "Spool" with waterfall, gas fire pit and tumble paver patio. Pool and spa in one.
  • Is it a pool or a spa... it's a "Spool"
  • Paver patio with a "spool" pool and spa in one with waterfall and gas fire pit.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Athol, ID
    Could you please tell me the dimensions on the "spool"? Just the swimming/spa part? This is a great idea especially here in Idaho where we don't have enough of a warm season to justify having a pool. The spool makes sense around here
  • Lauralee Kidder
    Lauralee Kidder Willoughby, OH
    This is awesome! great job! what was the cost for that?
  • Corinne A
    Corinne A Rochester, NY
    Wow! this is perfect! I have a natural hill in my back yard and have been wanting to put in a water feature...but never heard of a Spool! This is exactly what I want to do! I wanted a spa like water feature...but never thought I could do it with options
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    This is what I want! I love water and would love to be able to lap swim, splash around a bit, but with my arthritis would really like a hot tub. This would be so awesome!
  • Gloria W
    Gloria W Little Falls, MN
    Oh my Gosh! Isn't this great? I want one in my back yard, Please!
  • Heather M
    Heather M Roseboro, NC
    This is absolutely beautiful!! Amzing difference between the before and after!
  • Linda M
    Linda M Jacksonville, FL
    This is what I need!
  • Winnie
    Winnie Columbus, NC
    This is beautiful !!
  • Cindy Graham
    Cindy Graham Hadley, PA
    Wow!!! Amazing and so creative! I'd give my right arm to have something like that. Nice job all the way around!
  • Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls
    What an inviting outdoor oasis you have created. Great job.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    We love "before and afters" on Hometalk!
  • Deck and Patio Company "Outdoor Living Experts"
    Deck and Patio Company "O... Huntington Station, NY
    Thank you all for the kind words! Sometimes I like to see before, during, and after photos of unique projects, let me know if you like these before and during additional shots that I've added.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Want one!
  • Kim Sand & Sisal
    Kim Sand & Sisal Virginia Beach, VA
  • Sweet Pea Studio
    What a great solution and beautiful design you have created.
Deck and Patio Company "Outdoor Living Experts"

Search Feedback