An Easy and Cheap Outdoor Update

09.20.12
Over the weekend, we painted our meter to match our siding. It was very easy and cheap and something I could complete start to finish very easily! Check out my blog if you want to read about the fun.

To see more: http://29ruehouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-meter-maid.html

• Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    you are so right, it looks very nice. we did the same thing after our meter glass was broken while the house was getting sided. The new glass looked so pretty and clean. we used spray paint however for ours. Had slipped cardboard between the neter,
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I think meters are the property of the utility company. Is painting them technically allowed? I just tried to look this up to no avail.
  • Jan P
    Jan P Windsor, CT
    Actually I believe that the power company owns the meter - not the box. (from my days as a csr for CL&P)
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    I don't know Steve, we just asked the guy that came out to fix the meter.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Jan, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Dee, if it was OK with him, that's good enough for me.

• Crystal - 29 Rue House
    Hi Everyone! I did call our electric company to make sure it was okay and they said exactly what Jan P said!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I love this project because it clearly shows that keeping up your house is a constant job and there are many small projects you can and should do in a day. It is like washing the dishes...you don't pile them up and only wash them a couple of times a
  • Crystal - 29 Rue House
    Thanks Jeanette - you are so right! There are so many small projects I need to take care of outside!
  • Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    Nicely done. Also, thanks for sharing your project, and information as I just as Steve, G, thought that the meters, and related things were the property of the utility companies.
Crystal - 29 Rue House