Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Okay my front door was all chocolate brown, It seemed boring to me so I decided to add some color and numbers.

12.03.11
Seemingly it turned out good. Our front door is open there is no covering.We actually like it. I dont want to add curtains unless sheer or blinds because it takes away from the door. So I found this iron piece that I can mount to the outside and the piece is beautiful. My only worry is will it be too much and once I mount it to the glass there is no turning back. Should I mount it or leave the door decorated as I have done it ? Thank you for all the input:) Also the mirror will be removed from the center
19 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Tasha W
    Tasha W Hiram, GA
    Peace and painting I agree it was there when we moved in could we have that redone? Also AK now that is a wonderful idea. This way it won't take away from the paint desingn I created! I'm going to go to Home depot unfortunately I cannot remove the grids
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • AUDRA A
    AUDRA A Kennesaw, GA
    I think you have done a great job in repainting your door. I would love to do something different with mine as well; but I would be very leary of something that is permanent. I would try a temporary fix if possible just to see who it looks when you come
  • Tasha W
    Tasha W Hiram, GA
    Thanks Audra... And go for it. My color choice was reversed lol... But I switched it and painted over it and this was the right match. Good thing about paint you can repaint...;) the door piece looks pretty when you hold it up I'm just thinking me being
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Very well done, I would not have thought that little red can make so much of a difference. This is out of the box thinking!
  • Tasha W
    Tasha W Hiram, GA
    Thanks alot Im glad you like..My notion is sometimes a little goes a long way...I was afraid but all my neighbors were raving about it..Im a risk taker lol....
  • Vicki Anderson Pocopanni
    Like the door. Good advice here. I would at least paint the downspout white. Should always match trim. I had the same issue and made them move mine to the side of the column. Still not perfect but better.
  • Tasha W
    Tasha W Hiram, GA
    great idea..the trim is a mocha cream color if we cannot have it moved I guess painting it to make it blend would be our only option...sometimes builders make me SMH...:)
  • Lin R
    Lin R Smyrna, TN
    Love the new paint on the door and the piece is very pretty. If it will not damage the door, I say go for it if you really love it!
  • Melissa A
    Melissa A Fort Dodge, IA
    Beautiful door..and little person standing inside looking out!!:)
  • Kevin M. Veler, Law Office of
    Nice touch with the red trim. Really adds some impact and the white makes the door a nice focal point.
  • Willow House | Simply Good Design
    Love the door -- especially the pop of red. I don't have any suggestions on mounting that iron piece, but it would sure look amazing!
  • Murals by Monti
    Murals by Monti Oceanside, CA
    This is a great use of color. What a difference just a touch of red makes!
  • Tasha W
    Tasha W Hiram, GA
    Thanks sooooo much guys.. Still haven't mounted it. I'm nervous lol.. Be as soon as I do pics will be updated;)
  • Paticia G
    Paticia G Clermont, FL
    love the metal piece but not sure I would like it on the door also remember it will make cleaning the glass on the outside of the the door difficult
  • Vicki Anderson Pocopanni
    Tasha, revisiting... I was looking at that piece and had an idea you might want to consider if you already have not. Since you got so many compliments already on the door, maybe it is best left as it is. That piece is so ornate I am thinking it
Tasha W
  • Likes

Hilda Marchesin Rose Nancy Rhodes C Vreed Judy D Terry Haas Erzsebet Kis Case Design/Remodeling Birmingham