Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Crafty ideas 04.22.14

DIY "Striped" Benches

I loved the look of these "striped" benches I saw in a wedding venue image. I thought it wouldn't be too hard to recreate that look. I used 8' 2x6's joined with pocket hole screws. It's two flat boards sandwiching a vertical board for the seat. I tried 45 degree angles for the legs and had such a difficult time. Next time, I think I'll just keep it simple with 90 degree cuts. The cost of this little bench was $10 in lumber.

To see more: http://www.killerbdesigns.com/striped-benches-a-how-to/

2 Comments Displaying 2 of 2 comments
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    What a simple, but neat little bench Brooke. I'm sure we have some scraps around I could build one with. The bench I've had for our salt deliver has all but bit the dust so you posting is very timely. Thanks!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Ken C
    If your concern cutting at an angle is a concern you can round off the legs where they meet the ground. No wobbling that way unless your cuts are really bad. To cut lumber with a handheld saw, get a Swanson speedsquare. You can hold it to one edge and
Brooke N

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!