Hometalk.com

Crafty ideas 13 hours ago

DIY "Striped" Benches

I loved the look of these "striped" benches I saw in a wedding venue image. I thought it wouldn't be too hard to recreate that look. I used 8' 2x6's joined with pocket hole screws. It's two flat boards sandwiching a vertical board for the seat. I tried 45 degree angles for the legs and had such a difficult time. Next time, I think I'll just keep it simple with 90 degree cuts. The cost of this little bench was $10 in lumber.

To see more: http://www.killerbdesigns.com/striped-benches-a-how-to/

2 Comments Displaying 2 of 2 comments
  • Becky Blair, NE
    What a simple, but neat little bench Brooke. I'm sure we have some scraps around I could build one with. The bench I've had for our salt deliver has all but bit the dust so you posting is very timely. Thanks!
  • If your concern cutting at an angle is a concern you can round off the legs where they meet the ground. No wobbling that way unless your cuts are really bad. To cut lumber with a handheld saw, get a Swanson speedsquare. You can hold it to one edge and