Spray Paint Bathroom fixutures YES!!

home 03.06.15
In our old home in Texas we decided to spray paint the bathroom fixtures...so much cheaper and they turned out beautiful! I also sewed up some curtains to add some pizazz and we added wood trim around the mirror to give a framed look.

To see more: http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2010/07/can-you-spray-paint-bathroom-faucetsoh.html

• Donna C
    Donna C Marietta, GA
    What kind of spray paint did you use on brass? I would love to do the same to mine.
  • The Style sisters
    The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    I used Krylon Outdoor spaces textured finish spray paint in black. I loved the texture it left on there...they looked like wrought Iron. Let me know how it goes if you decide to do it. In looking back I think I would have put a primer on the faucets just
  • Sheila G
    Sheila G Marietta, GA
    thanks for the info. never thought you could spray brass...wow!
  • Jamala W
    Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    Looks great.. i did the same thing...yours came wonderful..
  • The Style sisters
    The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    Thanks Gals for your kind comments :)
  • Marybeth B
    Marybeth B West Chicago, IL
    I love the ideas here. After remodeling/repairing three homes and raising five children, there are some things I would have done differently myself. However, your idea of repainting fixtures is great. I'm a little hesitant about the black paint. I
  • Marybeth B
    Marybeth B West Chicago, IL
    I forgot to add one thing. We resurfaced an old cast iron bathtub. It was done professionally and was MUCH cheaper than a new tub or any kind of surround. Loved the results.
  • Rosie
    Rosie Staten Island, NY
    Im going to try the spray paint on the brass surrounding my fireplace! thanks for the tip
  • Donna C
    Donna C Marietta, GA
    Thanks for this post, I went crazy with spray paint. I used rustoliem metalic bronze and redid my brass firplace screen, and the brass looking handles on my hutch. I love it! I am now working on my bathroom.Soooo much cheaper then having to replace the
  • The Style sisters
    The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    I would use a high heat proof paint around the fireplace...I know they make it for BBQ's check with Lowes to see what they have.
  • Debra Smith
    Debra Smith Oklahoma City, OK
    Beautiful! What is your wall color?
  • The Style sisters
    The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    I actually don't remember ...I moved from that house but I used a similar color called tidewater from Sherwin Williams and I love it!
  • Debra Smith
    Debra Smith Oklahoma City, OK
    The Style sisters I love it all. I've been looking for a beautiful blue, and think you nailed it.
The Style sisters