Hometalk.com

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Donna C Marietta, GA
    What kind of spray paint did you use on brass? I would love to do the same to mine.
  • The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    I used Krylon Outdoor spaces textured finish spray paint in black. I loved the texture it left on there...they looked like wrought Iron. Let me know how it goes if you decide to do it. In looking back I think I would have put a primer on the faucets just
  • Sheila G Marietta, GA
    thanks for the info. never thought you could spray brass...wow!
  • Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    Looks great.. i did the same thing...yours came wonderful..
  • The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    Thanks Gals for your kind comments :)
  • Marybeth B West Chicago, IL
    I love the ideas here. After remodeling/repairing three homes and raising five children, there are some things I would have done differently myself. However, your idea of repainting fixtures is great. I'm a little hesitant about the black paint. I
  • Marybeth B West Chicago, IL
    I forgot to add one thing. We resurfaced an old cast iron bathtub. It was done professionally and was MUCH cheaper than a new tub or any kind of surround. Loved the results.
  • Rosie Staten Island, NY
    Im going to try the spray paint on the brass surrounding my fireplace! thanks for the tip
  • Donna C Marietta, GA
    Thanks for this post, I went crazy with spray paint. I used rustoliem metalic bronze and redid my brass firplace screen, and the brass looking handles on my hutch. I love it! I am now working on my bathroom.Soooo much cheaper then having to replace the
  • The Style sisters South Jordan, UT
    I would use a high heat proof paint around the fireplace...I know they make it for BBQ's check with Lowes to see what they have.