Considering a composite deck? Deck building tricks and tips from our " | Hometalk
9K Views

Considering a composite deck? Deck building tricks and tips from our "

9K Views
Want Low Mainenance? Try the "NEW" compositeand PVC decks. The staining and mold issues are gone, they are fade and scratch resistant and the colors are so realistic! Below are some shots of a big 2 level Timbertech XLM PVC deck, with Trick and tips on each photo.

Have Questions About This Post?

• Leah Johnson

we used the decking shown to put in our front deck and wheel chair ramp about 8 yrs ago.. it is fantastic, and so have also put a larger deck on the back area with this great planks and railing.. wonderful, would never go to real wood as our neighbor

• Ruth K
    Ruth K Leesburg, FL

we used this also but ours is not so elaborate. Just a 12x12 out master bedroom. My problem is : It is on the west side of the house and gets so nasty HOT than we can not use it in the evening.!! Thinking of an awning but they are so expensive.

• Deck and Patio Company "Outdoor Living Experts"
      Deck and Patio Company... Huntington Station, NY

@Ruth K Thanks for your comment. Many people have this problem. A shade umbrella might help you out -- especially the "offset" umbrellas which extend out so that the base isn't underfoot. These can shade an area of 11 feet wide etc. Anyway, just a

• Jack Moore
    Jack Moore West Jordan, UT

I have always loved composite decks. They're much sturdier and more reliable than traditional materials, and they look the same, sometimes better. This one specifically looks amazing, I'd love to have a deck that nice on my home. Thanks for writing!

• Sarah
    Sarah Lafayette, TN

Beautiful design, love the view

@Sarah Thanks for your comment. So glad you like it; and yes, the view was very important in creating the design.

• Hazel Adams
    Hazel Adams Provo, UT

This deck looks awesome! I think the stairs add a really nice touch. I also love how even the wood is. http://www.dfsinstall.com/decks/

­